Official Review: Long About Ten Years

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Re: Official Review: Long About Ten Years

Post by MsH2k »

Quite interesting that there are so many authors. That twist in your review got me as well! :D
Great review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

The plot seems to be amazing. Great review. :tiphat:
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Jojoc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jojoc »

Loved the book. The telling of the story makes think that I have been to the mountains and watched from afar all that has taken place.
Niv123
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivi-gideon.html
Latest Review: Returning fire by Linda rhoutsong

Post by Niv123 »

This seems like it should be made into a movie! It's been awhile since I came across a plot this intriguing. Thank you for the concise review
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

"multi-generational plot with several characters and many twists and turns along the way" sounds like a thought-provoking read. The complexity of the plot and the realistic nature of the characters made me add this book to my shelf. Thank you for your intriguing review!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Dentarthurdent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dentarthurdent.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dentarthurdent »

"The writing style is very distinctive, fitting the book's historical setting. At times, the narrator sounds like a neighbor telling you about the recent gossip in town, which I really liked."

I feel like this is something I'll greatly appreciate as well. Thanks for the fantastic review!
"I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More I cannot say"
--Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

This book seems so cool! and so interesting! After reading you amazing review, I'll definitely give it a go!
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I hope the errors are looked into. The book sounds too good to have so many editing errors. I'd like to check this out, though.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

kandscreeley wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 18:47 Good characters can make up for so many other flaws. Therefore, I'm glad that this one does well in that aspect. I just don't think it's for me, though. Thanks for the review.
Miriam Molina wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 03:52 I am curious about this collaboration by three authors. And more curious about the unusual characters. I hope the editing issues can be remedied soon.
Juliet+1 wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 19:42 What an enticing review! I hope this book gets another editing run so that I can explore all those plots and all those characters. :D
Prisallen wrote: 10 Nov 2019, 09:10 I love stories with good character development as well as good plots! I will have to take a look at this one. Thanks for a wonderful review!
AvidBibliophile wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 17:45 Morally imperfect characters, dancing snakes, and a complex plot... sounds enthralling to me! Hopefully another round of editing will make it the finalized tale it deserves to be.
Everydayadventure15 wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 16:20 I like the type of characters your described. Flaws give the cast of characters more depth than if they are all perfect in all of their ways. And the narrator’s voice is a unique part of the story as well. Thanks for the great review!
Sorry for my delayed response, but thank you all for the kind words :D
rumik
Currently Reading:

Post by rumik »

MsH2k wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 01:12 Quite interesting that there are so many authors. That twist in your review got me as well! :D
Great review.
LinaMueller wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 12:59 The plot seems to be amazing. Great review. :tiphat:
Jojoc wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 14:29 Loved the book. The telling of the story makes think that I have been to the mountains and watched from afar all that has taken place.
Thank you all for the kind words! :D
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

This sounds like a really ambitious novel: creative with an interesting approach to narration. It really is awful when proper attention isn't paid to editing. Nice job on your review. I generally don't like longer quotes in reviews, but the one you included gave a really nice idea of the writing style and overall feel of the book.
rumik
Currently Reading:

Post by rumik »

Nivi Gideon wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 08:53 This seems like it should be made into a movie! It's been awhile since I came across a plot this intriguing. Thank you for the concise review
InStoree wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 18:48 "multi-generational plot with several characters and many twists and turns along the way" sounds like a thought-provoking read. The complexity of the plot and the realistic nature of the characters made me add this book to my shelf. Thank you for your intriguing review!
Dentarthurdent wrote: 26 Nov 2019, 09:17 "The writing style is very distinctive, fitting the book's historical setting. At times, the narrator sounds like a neighbor telling you about the recent gossip in town, which I really liked."

I feel like this is something I'll greatly appreciate as well. Thanks for the fantastic review!
Thank you all for the kind words! :D

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”