Official Review: Get Off My Lawn by Valerian Ruminski

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Re: Official Review: Get Off My Lawn by Valerian Ruminski

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I'm fairly certain that the overly judgmental tone of this book would have me wanting to throw it against the wall fairly quickly. I love satire, but criticism just for the sake of criticism is something I have little patience for. I'll give this one a pass. Thanks for the honest review!
unamilagra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

I like the premise of this in theory, and it could be great with the right tone. But you are right, focusing on other people's personal preferences rather than actual societal issues just makes the author look like the jerk. Thanks for a great review!
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

I believe that good stories can also be written with minimal profanity. I'm happy that you put the point in your review. Wonderful review!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

unamilagra wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 22:11 I like the premise of this in theory, and it could be great with the right tone. But you are right, focusing on other people's personal preferences rather than actual societal issues just makes the author look like the jerk. Thanks for a great review!
Thanks for your feedback, unamilagra! I highly appreciate it. :tiphat:
Ekta Swarnkar wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 23:16 I believe that good stories can also be written with minimal profanity. I'm happy that you put the point in your review. Wonderful review!
I agree, but also need to mention that the spicy dictionary (label of these annoying people) could be quite handy in certain moments. Thanks for stopping by, Ekta!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”