Official Review: Unlocking the Pathway to True Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Official Review: Unlocking the Pathway to True Love

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Unlocking the Pathway to True Love" by Phyllis Jean Robinson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Daren Mason proposes to Melba Martin, and she promptly accepts the marriage proposal without giving it a serious thought. They decide to take a leave from work so that they can get married the following day. A problem comes up immediately after exchanging the marriage vows. None of them had informed their parents and close friends about this. It also suddenly dawns on them that apart from sex and casual conversations, they do not know each other well. What follows after a year crushes Melba and she gives up on love. She is not alone, though. Her friend, Connie Ann, has other friends who have also been through many struggles in their relationships. Connie invites them to a ten-week course called The God is Love Forum and Therapy Program. The course is designed to help them learn what true love is from the Bible, and of course, alter their perspectives on love.

Unlocking the Pathway to True Love was authored by Phyllis Jean Robinson. The book is approximately 250 pages and contains 32 short chapters. It is a work of fiction. The author has written three Christian fiction novels, two historical novels, two mysteries, and four children's books.

This book handles diverse themes such as love, marriage, divorce, revenge, family, forgiveness, betrayal, and racism. I enjoyed how family members and close friends supported those who were hurting. Their love and support helped them realize they were still valuable during their worst moments. This is a lesson on the importance of supporting those who are struggling since some may resort to detrimental ways that will end up endangering them.

Character development was excellent. All the characters had specific roles to fulfill. You will find characters who did not accept the reality of breakups and thus were hell-bent on restoring their relationships. They did not care who got hurt in the process. The plot was also well-built. It was a little bit predictable but there were a couple of twists and turns that made the story more fascinating. The sequence of the events was in chronological order. However, some flashbacks here and there revealed the background of some characters. The only error in the plot was the repetition of similar phone conversations.

What I liked most was the pleasant ending. It proved that true love cannot be hindered even by experiences. Eventually, a light appeared at the end of the dark tunnel of heartbreaks and daunting pasts. Editing was average since the book had a number of typos. Therefore, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The book will appeal most to readers who may have undergone heartbreaks and are trying to discover love from a Biblical perspective. Open-minded readers who enjoy other fiction books can also read this.

Unlocking the Pathway to True Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

This review is very thorough. I think that every book that has somewhat of character development is worth of reading.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

I have also encountered real cases where two alleged lovers fall into marriage. Coincidentally, in these circumstances, it seems that the act of marriage itself carries a pungent perfume that opens the channels of true love.

Your review is beautiful, but I don't think I'll choose this book soon. Thanks, anyway!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

Though a work of fiction, it seems this book tells true life stories. I would love to read it. Thanks for the review!
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

This is a book I would very much to read because of the firm Biblical principle on love it seems to advocate. It's good that there are writers out there who still take the trouble to write on such noble reasons.
MatereF
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-materef.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by MatereF »

Relationships can be tough, I am glad that the book focuses on the Biblical principles regarding love. I love your detailed review.
"The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource". Daniel J Boorstin
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

This book sounds so good although I am not a Christian. I love the noble ways and ideas that the writer has presented the readers with. thank you for amazing review!
gen_g
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

The story sounds like it definitely has its ups and downs; actually, I'm rather interested in how the proposal came about in the first place. Thanks for the review!
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

The topic that interests me most about this book is the marriage proposal. How did it come about? Why did the couple get married so quickly when they knew so little about each other? I don't think that being a Christian is required to enjoy this book. Thank you for the honest review!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Laila Hashem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laila-hashem.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Laila Hashem »

I cannot imagine what lead them to get married when they barely knew each other. It seems a bit unrealistic to me. perhaps their psychological states are complicated. Great review! I might give this book a read.
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

Not my genre so would pass this one, but am glad the protagonist find light and true love at the end.
Thanks a lot for the review :tiphat:
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I truly love love stories especially those that have a realistic plot. I also really like when they are Christian

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”