Official Review: Mother Love, Willow Lane, Book Two

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Re: Official Review: Mother Love, Willow Lane, Book Two

Post by Bluebird03 »

Barbara sounds like a very strong woman and role model. This sounds like an engaging novel, if only to read about her travels and life in Honduras. Thank you, unamilagra, for a great review!
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

Wambui-nj wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 13:36 Thanks for pointing out the repetitive nature of the book, I may pass it because it would definetely drive me to the edge :x . Great review.
I'm glad I could help! Thanks for your comment!

kdstrack wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 14:32 What an inspirational life! This puts a whole new spin on 'retirement'! Thanks for the amazing recommendation!
Thank you for commenting!

inaramid wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 19:29 The premise sounds nice, and I like that it's a standalone. I'm with you on the repetitive content though (that does sound a bit tedious). Thanks for this review!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

gen_g wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 20:21 This sounds really inspiring, and it's all the better that it's a standalone. Being long-winded also seems tedious, like you mentioned. Thanks for the review!
Thanks for commenting!

Magnify3 wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 04:27 Thanks for the interesting review. I was touched that the Mum in this story took such an adventurous step.
Yes, it was an inspiring premise. Thanks for your comment!

juliusotieno02 wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 08:11 This looks like a nice read about humanity and helping others. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.
Thank you for stopping by!

Nisha Ward wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 12:25 [bn=][/bn]Most of the chick lit I see nowadays tends to fall into the romance category so this is a rare find indeed. As for the pacing, I do wonder if it would help if it showed one conversation then mentioned that the information passed down the line rather than showing each one.
Yes, that would have helped a lot I think. Thank you for your comment!

Miriam Molina wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 17:33 This story seems like something I would enjoy reading. However, I cannot join the Peace Corps yet as that will make my present home a war zone. I'm both commanding general and grunt here for now.
Haha, I'm in the same boat. I really liked that she had to balance her desire to not miss out on her grown kids' lives with her desire to feel like she was truly needed. Thanks for commenting!

Bluebird03 wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 19:18 Barbara sounds like a very strong woman and role model. This sounds like an engaging novel, if only to read about her travels and life in Honduras. Thank you, unamilagra, for a great review!
Thanks for stopping by and for the compliment!
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

Great review! This seems like an interesting book, but I don't think it's one for me.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I would like reading about this life-changing decision by Barbara; leaving the life she has known for a unknown destination is simply amazing. Nice review.
unamilagra
Currently Reading:

Post by unamilagra »

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 05:09 Great review! This seems like an interesting book, but I don't think it's one for me.
Thank you so much for your comment!

Wyland wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 12:13 I would like reading about this life-changing decision by Barbara; leaving the life she has known for a unknown destination is simply amazing. Nice review.
I hope you enjoy it if you decide to check it out. Thanks for stopping by!
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

I love your avatar, unamilagra. :mrgreen2:

Thank you for the review. :tiphat:
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

This story has an emotional and inspirational touch. I admire Barbara's strength to do such a 180 degrees turn in her life. I can only imagine how difficult that must be, but also satisfactory on a life fulfilment level. I think I'll enjoy this book. Thanks!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
unamilagra
Currently Reading:

Post by unamilagra »

LinaMueller wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 12:09 I love your avatar, unamilagra. :mrgreen2:

Thank you for the review. :tiphat:
Thanks, and thanks for stopping by!

InStoree wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 06:57 This story has an emotional and inspirational touch. I admire Barbara's strength to do such a 180 degrees turn in her life. I can only imagine how difficult that must be, but also satisfactory on a life fulfilment level. I think I'll enjoy this book. Thanks!
I hope you enjoy it! It's a great read. Thanks for your comment!
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

A good that highlights relatable life challenges is what I'd love to read because it creates s feeling that "you are not alone in this." I'm adding the book to my want to read shelf. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
danielleamy
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: OUT
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Nocturnal by Tim W BYrd
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by danielleamy »

I like the idea of a story being told mainly through phone conversations. That sounds quite unique! Although the repetitive nature would put me off, I think. Great review!
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

Okay wow, I am not a big fan of chick lit but this was has be interested. Your review was magical honestly. And I am firm believer that age does not matter, you can do whatever you want whenever you want if you have the guts to do it.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I would love to learn about life in the mountains of Honduras as it sounds fascinating. I will have to put this on my reading list. Thank you for a great review!
unamilagra
Currently Reading:

Post by unamilagra »

Nerea wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 12:49 A good that highlights relatable life challenges is what I'd love to read because it creates s feeling that "you are not alone in this." I'm adding the book to my want to read shelf. Thank you for your insightful review.
I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for commenting.

danielleamy wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 17:37 I like the idea of a story being told mainly through phone conversations. That sounds quite unique! Although the repetitive nature would put me off, I think. Great review!
Thank you for commenting!

Areej Tahir wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 06:42 Okay wow, I am not a big fan of chick lit but this was has be interested. Your review was magical honestly. And I am firm believer that age does not matter, you can do whatever you want whenever you want if you have the guts to do it.
Thank you so much! I hope you decide to check it out.

Prisallen wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 18:56 I would love to learn about life in the mountains of Honduras as it sounds fascinating. I will have to put this on my reading list. Thank you for a great review!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the book.
DonnaKay
Currently Reading: A Portrait of Mommy
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnakay.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by DonnaKay »

This seems like a great book but the repetitive nature of the book makes it sound boring. Great review though.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”