Official Review: So shall It Forever Be by Chris Pagano

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Official Review: So shall It Forever Be by Chris Pagano

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "So shall It Forever Be" by Chris Pagano.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you've ever struggled to understand the conflict between good and evil, or wondered about God's involvement in your life? So Shall It Forever Be: The Making of Satan by Chris Pagano is a contemporary retelling of the Bible story depicting Lucifer and his followers being cast out of heaven by the Almighty One. The story begins in heaven, as preparations are being made for a celebratory award ceremony. The angels are excitedly anticipating the anointing of Lucifer, the "the largest, most intelligent, fastest, and brightest of all the creatures of light." At the celebration, things change when God speaks of Lucifer's virtues, and the citizens of heaven become increasingly aware "that the only true beauty and splendor resided in the one who held the podium." The realization isn't lost on Lucifer, who becomes resentful, and when he is introduced, proceeds to exalt himself, revealing his true nature. Pagano creatively interprets what follows in this epic battle between good and evil, as well as its consequences.

This 128-page read is eloquently written with flawless editing. Although the story is told in the third-person narrative, it gives insight into the perspectives of God, Satan, angels, and demons from prior to the conflict in heaven through creation and the murder of Abel by his brother, Cain.

The recent popularity of shows such as Lucifer and Good Omen is evidence of society's preoccupation with the supernatural. While these programs are more fantasy based, I thoroughly enjoyed Pagano's tale, which is based on passages from the Bible. He masterfully illustrates both the subtle and not-so-subtle attitudes of pride and self-adulation that contribute to Lucifer's fall, setting the stage for the epic conflict. It is also interesting to see the bandwagon effect resulting from the angels who side with Lucifer. While most readers will be familiar with the angels, Michael and Gabriel, Satan's minions are fittingly named according to their actions and attitudes, such as Giteven, Dis, and Condone.

I particularly like Pagano's creative perspective regarding the personalities of God and Satan; the latter changes his name from Lucifer, after being expelled from heaven. I also appreciate Pagano's hints of humor throughout the book. One of my favorite examples is his description of God creating the moon and His joy regarding the appearance of a face as a result of the craters. "The Creator of the universe smiled each time he looked at this moon. He delighted in showing His humor by it."

Pagano plans to publish a sequel and hopes that readers "will go back to the original source of the story in the Bible and search for truths hidden there regarding these things." The only thing I found lacking was the inclusion of scripture references which would be beneficial, especially for readers who may not be familiar with the biblical account of the story. However, while a note section including verse references would enhance the book, its omission didn't detract from my overall reading enjoyment. It is a pleasure to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It will appeal to a wide audience, including those who enjoy the reinterpretation of Bible stories, as well as readers who appreciate reading about the supernatural.

So shall It Forever Be
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ruth Angel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ruth Angel »

Wow! I?m loving this book already. I like the way it expantiates God's personality and his likeness, pride goeth before a fall. God is nøt a respecter of any man. Thanks for the wonderful review
Ikigai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikigai.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Ikigai »

I like the ingenious course that Pagano develop in this book. The conflict between good and bad has so many creative version. Looking forward to reading about the hidden truths. Thanks for your comprehensive review!
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

This is definitely a book that I would enjoy reading. It is a pity that it lacks scripture references. I would have loved to read them too. Thank you so much for the review.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Ruth Angel wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 10:32 Wow! I?m loving this book already. I like the way it expantiates God's personality and his likeness, pride goeth before a fall. God is nøt a respecter of any man. Thanks for the wonderful review
Thanks for your comment, Ruth.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Ikigai wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 10:36 I like the ingenious course that Pagano develop in this book. The conflict between good and bad has so many creative version. Looking forward to reading about the hidden truths. Thanks for your comprehensive review!
Thank you for stopping by. :tiphat:
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Magnify3 wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 13:50 This is definitely a book that I would enjoy reading. It is a pity that it lacks scripture references. I would have loved to read them too. Thank you so much for the review.
You're welcome. I appreciate your comment.
BrittaniDJ
Currently Reading: The Heart Has Its Reasons
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanidj.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by BrittaniDJ »

Love this! What a great book and review. Have you read Frank e Peretti? I wonder if it compares. It sounds a bit similar from your synopsis by also quite different.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

BrittaniDJ wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 19:07 Love this! What a great book and review. Have you read Frank e Peretti? I wonder if it compares. It sounds a bit similar from your synopsis by also quite different.
This Present Darkness is one of my all-time favorites by Peretti! As you noted, there are some similarities but differences too. Thanks for your comment.
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

I'm quite interested in reinterpretations of Bible stories, especially those surrounding the core conflict between good and evil. I personally don't mind the lack of scripture, and in fact I think it might make the novel better as something that stands on its own. Thanks for the informative review!
Shadiid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadiid.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Shadiid »

I also think that including scripture references would be great. I would definitely read this book.
Great review.
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

I'm already captivated by this book. As a new Christian, reading a contemporary version of this story would be extremely interesting to me, and with Bible references, I'd be able to connect it back to my religion properly as well. Great review!
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I love the description you shared of God creating the moon. And I agree that including actual verses of scripture would add to the story. Thank you for your recommendation and review!
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Tomah wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 21:36 I'm quite interested in reinterpretations of Bible stories, especially those surrounding the core conflict between good and evil. I personally don't mind the lack of scripture, and in fact I think it might make the novel better as something that stands on its own. Thanks for the informative review!
You're welcome, and thanks for your comment. :tiphat:
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Shadiid wrote: 02 Jul 2019, 05:21 I also think that including scripture references would be great. I would definitely read this book.
Great review.
Thank you.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”