Kane

Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
GatugiM
Currently Reading: Project Tau
Bookshelf Size: 187
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatugim.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Kane

Post by GatugiM »

Do you think Kane has information about Terry. For some reason Terry's death bothered me. I hope it will be resolved in the next books. I think Kane knows about Terry, he seems weird. What do you think and why do you think Carly and Adam said nothing to anyone about her death. The posters have been there for long so someone has not stopped looking.
Frannie Annie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frannie-annie.html
Latest Review: Emergence by Shira Shiloah

Post by Frannie Annie »

I don't think anyone but Carly knows who really kidnapped Terry. If Kane had known Adam was behind it, he would have been a lot more hostile towards him. And there's no way for anyone to accidentally discover the truth since Carly burned the shed down. It would be interesting to read more about her though.
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

Honestly, when it comes to anything related to Terry, I feel like the entire incident has just been disregarded or forgotten in the book. Adam doesn't seem to think about it. Carly knows about Adam's involvement but has dismissed it. As for Kane, I think he only knows that Terry had disappeared, but it seems he hasn't done anything about it.

I don't have much hope that the mystery of Terry's disappearance will ever be resolved.
GatugiM

Post by GatugiM »

Frances019 wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 12:57 I don't think anyone but Carly knows who really kidnapped Terry. If Kane had known Adam was behind it, he would have been a lot more hostile towards him. And there's no way for anyone to accidentally discover the truth since Carly burned the shed down. It would be interesting to read more about her though.
I imagine that Kane followed Carly to the Shed and saw it. I feel like the author left that story hanging to explore it in the next book. I'd love to read about her as well.
GatugiM

Post by GatugiM »

leximutia wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 18:07 Honestly, when it comes to anything related to Terry, I feel like the entire incident has just been disregarded or forgotten in the book. Adam doesn't seem to think about it. Carly knows about Adam's involvement but has dismissed it. As for Kane, I think he only knows that Terry had disappeared, but it seems he hasn't done anything about it.

I don't have much hope that the mystery of Terry's disappearance will ever be resolved.
I hope in the next books it will be resolved. It seems weird that Adam has blood on his hands but he does not act like it.
TheNeouReader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theneoureader.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by TheNeouReader »

I don't think Kane knows what happened to Terry or about Carly's powers, but it'd be cool if he knew anything! There was a point towards the end where it sounded like he could've been a spy for the enemy, but alas no. If the author does dive into this in the sequels, that'd be cool.

I also wish there was more careful attention to Terry's character in the novel. To have Adam and Carly not even discuss her death is toxic for their relationship and for humanity's sake. It's someone's life, you know?
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

GatugiM wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 20:35
leximutia wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 18:07 Honestly, when it comes to anything related to Terry, I feel like the entire incident has just been disregarded or forgotten in the book. Adam doesn't seem to think about it. Carly knows about Adam's involvement but has dismissed it. As for Kane, I think he only knows that Terry had disappeared, but it seems he hasn't done anything about it.

I hope in the next books it will be resolved. It seems weird that Adam has blood on his hands but he does not act like it.
Depending on how the Terry situation is resolved (if it does get resolved) in later books, my opinion of Adam may change significantly. For the moment unfortunately, I don't think too highly of him...
GatugiM

Post by GatugiM »

TheNeouReader wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 13:26 I don't think Kane knows what happened to Terry or about Carly's powers, but it'd be cool if he knew anything! There was a point towards the end where it sounded like he could've been a spy for the enemy, but alas no. If the author does dive into this in the sequels, that'd be cool.

I also wish there was more careful attention to Terry's character in the novel. To have Adam and Carly not even discuss her death is toxic for their relationship and for humanity's sake. It's someone's life, you know?
I agree. Patiently waiting for the next books. I hope Terry's issue will be resolved. It would be such a great twist if someone else knew about it.
White_Nights
Currently Reading: The Cat Who Came for Christmas
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by White_Nights »

I also think that Kane does not know anything related to Terry or Carly's abilities, but I imagine that is going to change in the next book and maybe he will try to protect Carly or feel betrayed and join the Ikshas. But what happened in the book (falling in love with Carly) was expected and even the kiss was not a surprise. I hope that Carly and Adam will somehow direct the authorities where Terry's body is, because this is the right think to do at least.
hasincla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasincla.html
Latest Review: Fortune Cats with Full Tummies by Dave Hutchinson

Post by hasincla »

I think that Kane is going to be pretty important in the next book, as it seems like everyone trusts him and he's such a good guy. It's soooo time for him to get recruited by the Iksha.
GatugiM

Post by GatugiM »

White_Nights wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 15:02 I also think that Kane does not know anything related to Terry or Carly's abilities, but I imagine that is going to change in the next book and maybe he will try to protect Carly or feel betrayed and join the Ikshas. But what happened in the book (falling in love with Carly) was expected and even the kiss was not a surprise. I hope that Carly and Adam will somehow direct the authorities where Terry's body is, because this is the right think to do at least.
I doubt that Carly and Adam will lead the authorities to the body. It is highly unlikely. They seem to justify all their actions.
GatugiM

Post by GatugiM »

hasincla wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 13:31 I think that Kane is going to be pretty important in the next book, as it seems like everyone trusts him and he's such a good guy. It's soooo time for him to get recruited by the Iksha.
I can't wait to be amazed. He will betray Carly and Adam.
White_Nights
Currently Reading: The Cat Who Came for Christmas
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by White_Nights »

GatugiM wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 22:56
White_Nights wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 15:02 I also think that Kane does not know anything related to Terry or Carly's abilities, but I imagine that is going to change in the next book and maybe he will try to protect Carly or feel betrayed and join the Ikshas. But what happened in the book (falling in love with Carly) was expected and even the kiss was not a surprise. I hope that Carly and Adam will somehow direct the authorities where Terry's body is, because this is the right think to do at least.
I doubt that Carly and Adam will lead the authorities to the body. It is highly unlikely. They seem to justify all their actions.
From what i saw from their behavior, I think you are right, which makes me a little disappointed in them :(
Kishor Rao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kishor-rao.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Kishor Rao »

Yes. Kane's incredibly gullible nature and buying up anything that Adam and Carly let on seemed very fishy. Maybe he knows more than we suspect and will be a prominent character in the coming books
derialist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derialist.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by derialist »

I'm inclined to think Kane suspects something sinister happened to Terry but doesn't have any details. I suspect Carly will slip up the details to him in the other books. What he will do with that information is the mystery.

Return to “Discuss "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign”