Thoughts for the future of the SAGA??

Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsearoses.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Thoughts for the future of the SAGA??

Post by Chelsearoses »

*Possible or slight spoilers ahead in discussion* This is for the book "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign

What are your thoughts, based on this book, for the future of the Saga? Do you think it will get better? Will Adam continue to change or be brought challenges, do you think his past or anything will test him to go back and challenge his mental health?
Will Carly become someone different or be challenged by her new future?
Thoughts or ideas??
"In every Heaven you'll find some Hell.And there's a welcome in each farewell.Life can be harsh the future strict, who would dare predict.So let's be happy, forever happy, completely happy. And a tiny bit sad."Happy/Sad-Addams Family Musical
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Post by Howlan »

Chelsearoses wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 20:15 *Possible or slight spoilers ahead in discussion* This is for the book "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign

What are your thoughts, based on this book, for the future of the Saga? Do you think it will get better? Will Adam continue to change or be brought challenges, do you think his past or anything will test him to go back and challenge his mental health?
Thoughts or ideas??
I think we will get better action scenes for sure. Better plot twists was something I liked in the first book so I thing there should be more. I really find Adam unpredictable. As for Carly she definitely has a huge burden of saving the Desendants!
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I think Adam will still be unpredictable. Carly is merged with her mom, who was a very strong person so I think there might be a big change in Carly in the next book.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Post by Howlan »

B Creech wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 19:41 I think Adam will still be unpredictable. Carly is merged with her mom, who was a very strong person so I think there might be a big change in Carly in the next book.
Yes, I think she has major powers for sure. But I think she will also suffer emotionally due to this merge.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Howlan wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 00:17
B Creech wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 19:41 I think Adam will still be unpredictable. Carly is merged with her mom, who was a very strong person so I think there might be a big change in Carly in the next book.
Yes, I think she has major powers for sure. But I think she will also suffer emotionally due to this merge.
Yes, I think she will too.
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

Chelsearoses wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 20:15 *Possible or slight spoilers ahead in discussion* This is for the book "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign

Thoughts or ideas??
I think that the next few books will mainly revolve around Carly and Adam's "relationship" with a few ups and downs that will most likely result in a "love conquers all" type thing... I would hope that Adam's past would come back to haunt him but I am not sure the author has any interest in holding him accountable for his actions, nor in dealing with his mental health... I'm not quite sure if I will read the next books...
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Nym182

Post by Nym182 »

That's one of the things I am most curious about (the result of the merging) - I also feel like the next book will be just as frustrating haha
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Nym182 wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 11:10
That's one of the things I am most curious about (the result of the merging) - I also feel like the next book will be just as frustrating haha
You are probably right! :lol:
B. Creech
freshbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freshbook.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by freshbook »

I think Carly will try to follow in her mother's footsteps and become a leader. Adam is a part of what is known as the most powerful family line. He is bound to learn stronger powers. I think their relationship will struggle based upon these assumptions. I also think the saga will get better!
Nym182

Post by Nym182 »

B Creech wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 19:27
Now I just have to decide if I am willing to put myself through that haha
Nym182

Post by Nym182 »

rbrochhausen wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 21:51 I think Carly will try to follow in her mother's footsteps and become a leader. Adam is a part of what is known as the most powerful family line. He is bound to learn stronger powers. I think their relationship will struggle based upon these assumptions. I also think the saga will get better!
It would be interesting to see them deal with being more powerful in their own right... might cause some competition/strife between them.
Brenda Creech
Currently Reading:

Post by Brenda Creech »

Nym182 wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 10:31
B Creech wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 19:27

Now I just have to decide if I am willing to put myself through that haha
I know, right?! :roll:
B. Creech
gilliansisley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gilliansisley.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by gilliansisley »

Howlan wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 09:36

Thoughts or ideas??
I think we will get better action scenes for sure. Better plot twists was something I liked in the first book so I thing there should be more. I really find Adam unpredictable. As for Carly she definitely has a huge burden of saving the Desendants!
I'm really, really hoping that the content in the next book is a hell of a lot less disturbing than what was in the first one. I won't be reading the second. I can't stomach it. The first book was a massive turn off for me.
gilliansisley
Currently Reading:

Post by gilliansisley »

I hope Carly realizes how emotionally abusive Adam is towards her, and gets herself the hell out of there! She's a great character, on her own, and I would read a book about her, and would be glad if Adam was left in the dust.
gilliansisley
Currently Reading:

Post by gilliansisley »

Nym182 wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 11:08

Thoughts or ideas??
I think that the next few books will mainly revolve around Carly and Adam's "relationship" with a few ups and downs that will most likely result in a "love conquers all" type thing... I would hope that Adam's past would come back to haunt him but I am not sure the author has any interest in holding him accountable for his actions, nor in dealing with his mental health... I'm not quite sure if I will read the next books...
Ugh... the prospect of reading a whole book about their gag-worthy "love story" just totally turns my stomach. I'm hoping in book 2, Adam chooses NOT to chloroform and kidnap/basically murder another woman and pretend nothing happened, and maybe he could start treading Carly with some damn respect, instead of being obsessive over her and trying to micromanage her life.

Return to “Discuss "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign”