Burning Questions 'Spoilers'

Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Burning Questions 'Spoilers'

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I wondered why Alexandra gave up one son for adoption and not the other one too. Perhaps she thought the Iksha won't find out that she had twins and tried to protect at least one of them.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Post by Howlan »

mama_ash wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 19:03 I definitely think this wasn't elaborated on intentionally - makes for a great storyline in the next novel (which I can't wait to read!).
Despite not having a cliffhanger, the author leaves several loose ends. The next book in the series should definitely be more on these loose ends other than about Adam.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

cristinaro wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 05:30 I wondered why Alexandra gave up one son for adoption and not the other one too. Perhaps she thought the Iksha won't find out that she had twins and tried to protect at least one of them.
As Vikki was set out to find Adam in the first place, I do not think that might be the case. I think it might be along the lines of she sneaked Adam out but she could not sneak out his brother.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

writestuff wrote: 13 Feb 2020, 13:47 I'm hoping the twin is the good one since Adam is a terror. It would make me less uneasy that I disliked a main character so very much.
Seeing that he is raised by the Iksha, it would be interesting on how he turns out to be.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Post by That Reviewer »

Well, this book is one installment of a series. I guess the author intentionally kept Adam's twin away to fully develop it in subsequent installments.
diamonnd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamonnd.html
Latest Review: The Most Popular Freak in School by Crystal Tyler (Tyler Lormel)

Post by diamonnd »

I too had a lot of questions about the twin. I also had a burning question about Terry. I can't wait to read the next book and find out more about what will happen and how the consequences of things the first book are going to play out.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

I think that is the whole point about thrillers and suspense : they are cliff hangers which leave the reader with a lot of burning questions.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

diamonnd wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 16:12 I too had a lot of questions about the twin. I also had a burning question about Terry. I can't wait to read the next book and find out more about what will happen and how the consequences of things the first book are going to play out.
The first book really left a lot of gaping holes for the second book to fill.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Agnes Masobeng wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 05:55 I think that is the whole point about thrillers and suspense : they are cliff hangers which leave the reader with a lot of burning questions.
In terms of cliffhangers, I am quite disappointed with how the book played out. The author could have done a much better job in posting a big cliffhanger at the end.
xuanmaii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xuanmaii.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by xuanmaii »

If you guys read the very last part of the book, there is a "sneak peak" to the second book, in which Adam revealed Vikki was his sister. Another twist!
diamonnd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamonnd.html
Latest Review: The Most Popular Freak in School by Crystal Tyler (Tyler Lormel)

Post by diamonnd »

Howlan wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 09:56
diamonnd wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 16:12 I too had a lot of questions about the twin. I also had a burning question about Terry. I can't wait to read the next book and find out more about what will happen and how the consequences of things the first book are going to play out.
It really did! I'm hoping the second book will be able to fill in those holes. I guess the plots holes are good for motivating us to continue reading the series!
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

xuanmaii wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 15:04 If you guys read the very last part of the book, there is a "sneak peak" to the second book, in which Adam revealed Vikki was his sister. Another twist!
Yes, I too read the sneak peek. It was such a great twist. I wonder how they came up with the information. I did not think the reason given in the book is wholly accurate.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

diamonnd wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 23:17
Howlan wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 09:56
It really did! I'm hoping the second book will be able to fill in those holes. I guess the plots holes are good for motivating us to continue reading the series!
And the title of the next book is Split Adam which raises another bunch of questions in my head. Will his highly negative persona return? If yes then why? Does the so-called twin contribute to this?
Jac-o-lantern
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jac-o-lantern.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jac-o-lantern »

I think that Adam's twin, as well as his mother, are still alive at the main base of operations and will likely show up in the next book. They only faced off and took out Iksha at the decoy base that ambushed them. Which is why I don't get why Carly did away with her extra powers. I know she thought that they were too powerful but seeing as there is still a larger threat to be faced I think she should have kept them. Unless do you think she can regain them again?
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

cristinaro wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 05:30 I wondered why Alexandra gave up one son for adoption and not the other one too. Perhaps she thought the Iksha won't find out that she had twins and tried to protect at least one of them.
I would imagine it's to keep one of them safe, but I can't imagine how that move would affect the twin that was given up.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST

Return to “Discuss "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign”