Burning Questions 'Spoilers'

Use this forum to discuss the February 2020 Book of the month, "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign
silvafaerie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvafaerie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Burning Questions 'Spoilers'

Post by silvafaerie »

Is anyone else wondering what happened to Adam's twin? Since we learned he existed I kept expecting him to be introduced in the book but he was never talked about again. It is driving me crazy. Anyone have any guesses about what is going on?
Any other questions that you can't wait to have answered?
Howlan
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading: War Graves
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-howlan.html
Latest Review: The Soviet Comeback by Jamie Smith

Post by Howlan »

silvafaerie wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 16:16 Is anyone else wondering what happened to Adam's twin? Since we learned he existed I kept expecting him to be introduced in the book but he was never talked about again. It is driving me crazy. Anyone have any guesses about what is going on?
Yes, I well made out point. I assume he is still with the Iksha like his mother. As it was a big surprise that Alexandria has joined the Iksha, so I think he is with them. I think the author has purposely left this trope for the next installment in the series.
Gathoni1991
Currently Reading: Elf Accord
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathoni1991.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Gathoni1991 »

silvafaerie wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 16:16 Is anyone else wondering what happened to Adam's twin? Since we learned he existed I kept expecting him to be introduced in the book but he was never talked about again. It is driving me crazy. Anyone have any guesses about what is going on?
Gathoni1991
Currently Reading: Elf Accord
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathoni1991.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Gathoni1991 »

That leaves room for a sequel. Or maybe it was just an incomplete storyline.
redrockwolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by redrockwolf »

I was wondering the same thing. What happened to Adam's twin? It was mentioned that his biological mother was "with the Iksha." Neither of them is mentioned again. That is one of the unanswered questions I hope is answered in one of the other books in the saga.
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

I kept waiting for the twin to be Kane lol. Seriously, though, I like when books give you a hook to get you interested in the sequel and introducing the twin or giving some indication of if he has powers too would have made me interested in the sequel. The happy Christmas scene was a bit anticlimactic and we didn’t even get to know what present Adam gave Carly.
silvafaerie
Currently Reading:

Post by silvafaerie »

Everydayadventure15 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 19:34 I kept waiting for the twin to be Kane lol. Seriously, though, I like when books give you a hook to get you interested in the sequel and introducing the twin or giving some indication of if he has powers too would have made me interested in the sequel. The happy Christmas scene was a bit anticlimactic and we didn’t even get to know what present Adam gave Carly.
That is a crazy theory. I love it! But, then Kane would have to be evil. Which would make it even more interesting because he would have been hiding it well. I agree that the ending didn't seem right. They didn't destroy all the Iksha. So, shouldn't they be worried about retaliation and not super happy celebrating Christmas?
Samantha Shinn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-shinn.html

Post by Samantha Shinn »

Howlan wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 01:18
Yes, I well made out point. I assume he is still with the Iksha like his mother. As it was a big surprise that Alexandria has joined the Iksha, so I think he is with them. I think the author has purposely left this trope for the next installment in the series.
I agree; I believe he may be with the Iksha as his mother. However, we may find out in the rest of the books! I can't wait to find out!
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: Devine Enquiries by Martin Hull

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I have observed this is something a lot of authors that intend to make their book a series do. I guess it's meant to whet the reader's appetite for the next installment.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Gathoni1991 wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 11:07 That leaves room for a sequel. Or maybe it was just an incomplete storyline.
I really feel that the author should not leave that major plot changer and ignore it. It could create a great ripple in the existing storyline.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Samantha Shinn wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 00:35
Howlan wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 01:18
I agree; I believe he may be with the Iksha as his mother. However, we may find out in the rest of the books! I can't wait to find out!
Yes not such a big cliffhanger but still it does its supposed to do.
silvafaerie
Currently Reading:

Post by silvafaerie »

I hope they find his twin and mother. That would be great. He is probably what Adam would have turned into if Carly hadn't come into his life. The whole book could be about Adam's struggle to help his brother.
Tchrjokes456
Currently Reading: Night Angel
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tchrjokes456.html
Latest Review: Russia's Biggest Hack by James E. Doucette

Post by Tchrjokes456 »

This book had multiple incomplete storylines that I would hope will be wrapped up in another book in the series. Though Adam has decided to be one of the good guys, he will still need to do some sort of penance for Terry's death. Leaving Terry's family without closure is akin to an act of cruelty. I would also like to know Carly's new capabilities since absorbing Dauma. I would almost bet that we will see Adam's bio mom and twin later in the series.
Howlan

Post by Howlan »

Tchrjokes456 wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 12:24 This book had multiple incomplete storylines that I would hope will be wrapped up in another book in the series. Though Adam has decided to be one of the good guys, he will still need to do some sort of penance for Terry's death. Leaving Terry's family without closure is akin to an act of cruelty. I would also like to know Carly's new capabilities since absorbing Dauma. I would almost bet that we will see Adam's bio mom and twin later in the series.
Yes and also Vikky might have to play an important role to play in the series as well.
spencermack
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencermack.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by spencermack »

I think the introduction of the twin just opened up more story opportunities that I wish was explored.
Spencer Mack

Return to “Discuss "Opaque" by Calix Leigh-Reign”