Daniel and Pamela's relationship

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Daniel and Pamela's relationship

Post by Leyla Ann »

We all got a close look on the narrator and Rachel's relationship until its doom, but what do you think of Daniel and Pamela's relationship struggles?

I personally found it quite unexpected considering how they both got along quite well and were as much understanding of each other.

I wish we were able to dive more into the details of their relationship's temporary fall.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rachel Lea »

I found Daniel and Pamela's relationship to be a breath of fresh air amidst the turmoil and struggles of the other characters. Even though Daniel and Pamela had a temporary separation, the two of them stuck it out--they worked through their troubles and came out stronger on the other side. I found them quite inspiring.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
oluchiokere84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchiokere84.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by oluchiokere84 »

Pamela's ability to understand her man's desires and often allow him achieve them was a great trait that helped them work out their differences.
readerrihana
Currently Reading: Cute tooth decay
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerrihana.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by readerrihana »

I thought their relationship seemed very trusting and open minded, they seemed to respect one another. However, I hear that actually some people like people to argue and fight with them...I read about a woman some months ago who filed a divorce from her husband because she said living with him was torture- he was doing everything for her and never fought with her or argued with her the whole year that theh had been married..so I guess people have different needs and wants from their married lives
Ten10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ten10.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Ten10 »

Daniel and Pamela represents the ideal parents. They know when they are having family problems and are willing to seek professional help, reconcile and move on with family life.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

The impression readers got from Daniel and Pamela's relationship was that they were mature and had a good understanding of each other. Pamela understood the needs of her husband and saw the need for him to go on man missions. Their understanding of each other saw them through to a reasonable extent. They also had respect for each other.
habsfan212
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-habsfan212.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by habsfan212 »

They clearly are the best couple of the book. They worked their issues together and both acknowledged the fact that the other was unhappy. They did not bury their heads into the sand like Rachel and the narrator.
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

They were the exemplary couple. They understood each other and knew how to resolve their issues.
Thehorselover
Currently Reading: Irma's Daughters
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thehorselover.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Thehorselover »

The impression I got was that they were willing to admit their faults and do whatever it took to make their marriage work. Instead of just giving up when things got hard, they tried their best to solve their problems together, and you don’t see that very often in book relationships stories.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

Rachel Lea wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 08:30 I found Daniel and Pamela's relationship to be a breath of fresh air amidst the turmoil and struggles of the other characters. Even though Daniel and Pamela had a temporary separation, the two of them stuck it out--they worked through their troubles and came out stronger on the other side. I found them quite inspiring.
I completely agree! I think they needed to have the seperation, or some form of issue, to make it seem realistic and not like they were the 'fairytale' couple. But I liked how their ending was different to the main one becuase they continued working through it.
Reagan Reg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reagan-reg.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Reagan Reg »

Theirs was the best relationship in the novel. They are leading a happy life and are understanding of each other. It’s a shame they had to part ways at the end.
Radhika_puri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika-puri.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Radhika_puri »

They were the bet couple so far in the book. When their relationship came to stage of divorce, I was shocked. They were the most understanding and mature couple. But things change. Same happen with them. But I am happy they were together at last.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Thehorselover wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 20:06 The impression I got was that they were willing to admit their faults and do whatever it took to make their marriage work. Instead of just giving up when things got hard, they tried their best to solve their problems together, and you don’t see that very often in book relationships stories.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

Daniel and Pamela's relationship portrayed maturity and responsibility.
They understood themselves, knew they had shortcomings and were willing to work it out.
gelli_baranda
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gelli-baranda.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by gelli_baranda »

I'm digging Pamela. Not all women has that kind of power to understand men.
Happy reading,
Gelli xoxo

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”