Which woman did you like best?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
Shabram22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shabram22.html
Latest Review: Breaking the Chain by Patricia Rossi

Which woman did you like best?

Post by Shabram22 »

There are five main women in the book. Rachel, Pamela, Evie, Natalia and Sarah. Which did you like best?

I liked Pamela the best because she seemed to understand the men's need for an annual trip and also was the least offended when the men misbehaved.
djr6090
Favorite Book: The North Wind Descends (The Lord Hani Mysteries Book 4)
Currently Reading: There's a Hole in My Bucket
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: The Odessa Legacy by Dr. Richard Bend

Post by djr6090 »

You forgot Lara, the flirty second woman. All in all, I thought that the women in this book were pretty bland. Evie seemed to have the most personality, but even there she was pretty flat.
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

djr6090 wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 10:50 You forgot Lara, the flirty second woman. All in all, I thought that the women in this book were pretty bland. Evie seemed to have the most personality, but even there she was pretty flat.
I didn't forget her. She wasn't one of the main women characters in the book. The women aren't described too much in the book, but there is enough information for us to see a little bit of their personalities.
Isn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isn.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Isn »

Evie's personality stood out for me. Even Pamela was good. I wish, author had written more about them.
Paige Alvarado
Currently Reading: Night Chills
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paige-alvarado.html
Latest Review: The Beginning of the End - It Starts by John K. Williamson

Post by Paige Alvarado »

I really resonated with Rachel. She has the young kids and stays home with them all day while her husband goes to work. She is understandably upset by his need for additional time away from home, but gives in selflessly and adheres to the single mom role when needed.

I feel that on a deep level. My little girls and I are home all day without their dad. Whenever he mentions going out, I will always say "okay, have fun. I love you" and mean it, but man it really bugs me sometimes.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I liked Pamela the best. She seemed to go with the flow. She never got upset about the man trips, and she didn't complain about having to take care of the children by herself for a week! Maybe she just hid her feelings to please Daniel and then couldn't hide them anymore because I was shocked when she and Daniel separated! However, she made an effort to work their problems out, and so did Daniel. She was my favorite!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Saraion
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Saraion »

I'm Pamela love he felt himself hides and reveals that he is strong and wants to do daniyel happy
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

Isn wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 15:27 Evie's personality stood out for me. Even Pamela was good. I wish, author had written more about them.
Yes .I also wish the author could have wrote about the wives committee s bit more.
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

pshaw1414 wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 15:41 I really resonated with Rachel. She has the young kids and stays home with them all day while her husband goes to work. She is understandably upset by his need for additional time away from home, but gives in selflessly and adheres to the single mom role when needed.

I feel that on a deep level. My little girls and I are home all day without their dad. Whenever he mentions going out, I will always say "okay, have fun. I love you" and mean it, but man it really bugs me sometimes.
I, too, have three children and I totally understand as well. And I could relate with her when she got upset with him for going on a four hour bike ride.
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

B Creech wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 18:11 I liked Pamela the best. She seemed to go with the flow. She never got upset about the man trips, and she didn't complain about having to take care of the children by herself for a week! Maybe she just hid her feelings to please Daniel and then couldn't hide them anymore because I was shocked when she and Daniel separated! However, she made an effort to work their problems out, and so did Daniel. She was my favorite!
She most likely hid her feelings, unless she was a super strong woman. But I also liked her sence of humor and that she even insisted that Daniel go on the man Mission even if he didn't want to go.
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

Saraion wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 22:41 I'm Pamela love he felt himself hides and reveals that he is strong and wants to do daniyel happy
Selfless love :D
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Shabram22 wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 01:26
B Creech wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 18:11 I liked Pamela the best. She seemed to go with the flow. She never got upset about the man trips, and she didn't complain about having to take care of the children by herself for a week! Maybe she just hid her feelings to please Daniel and then couldn't hide them anymore because I was shocked when she and Daniel separated! However, she made an effort to work their problems out, and so did Daniel. She was my favorite!
She most likely hid her feelings, unless she was a super strong woman. But I also liked her sence of humor and that she even insisted that Daniel go on the man Mission even if he didn't want to go.
I liked her sense of humor too. And like you mentioned before, she didn't get upset like the other women did when the men were caught girl-watching in the park!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
diamonnd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamonnd.html
Latest Review: The Most Popular Freak in School by Crystal Tyler (Tyler Lormel)

Post by diamonnd »

Pamela is great, but I think Rachel is more of a realistic character. I liked the way she was written because I could understand why she did what she did. It made sense for her to act the way she did.
Erick Muyesu
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading: Mine Boy
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erick-muyesu.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Erick Muyesu »

Evie's stood out among the female characters. It's just that the author didn't use her to the maximum
Paige Alvarado
Currently Reading: Night Chills
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paige-alvarado.html
Latest Review: The Beginning of the End - It Starts by John K. Williamson

Post by Paige Alvarado »

Shabram22 wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 01:24
pshaw1414 wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 15:41 I really resonated with Rachel. She has the young kids and stays home with them all day while her husband goes to work. She is understandably upset by his need for additional time away from home, but gives in selflessly and adheres to the single mom role when needed.

I, too, have three children and I totally understand as well. And I could relate with her when she got upset with him for going on a four hour bike ride.
RIGHT. That bit was a little over the edge for me too.

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”