Which "Man Mission" did you like best?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2020 Book of the month, "Man Mission: 4 men, 15 years, 1 epic journey", by Eytan Uliel.
Sugarlump54
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugarlump54.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Which "Man Mission" did you like best?

Post by Sugarlump54 »

Man mission 10 was my favorite because seeing the African animals in the wild has always been a dream of mine. I too, like mission 14 because that seems to be when life was being put together by Ethyan.
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

My favorite was the Man Mission in Iceland. I shared the main character's excitement about seeing the Northern Lights.
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
Megapede
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megapede.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Megapede »

Susmita Biswas wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 22:43 There's a list of my favorites. But, as you said, chasing the Icelandic Northern Lights was one of the bests.
Chasing the Northern lights is my favorite as well as I could see myself doing the same thing later in life.
adamgreenrock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamgreenrock.html
Latest Review: Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Post by adamgreenrock »

Definitely the one where they met the drug dealers. It was so unexpected for me to see the main character in an awkward situation and came out safe and sound.
Radhika_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radhika.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Radhika_ »

I liked Otter Trail and Kruger National Park, South Africa Man mission the most. I liked the way the author explained about animals and nature of the place. The elephant, lion and leopard scene were so well explained. Because of the novel, I want to visit that place.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

I liked the one to Tokyo Japan. The technological advances in Japan was amazing! Furthermore, I'm a huge fan of cycling and the way they explored the land was just adorable!
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julius_ »

Radhika_ wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 11:55 I liked Otter Trail and Kruger National Park, South Africa Man mission the most. I liked the way the author explained about animals and nature of the place. The elephant, lion and leopard scene were so well explained. Because of the novel, I want to visit that place.
I liked this too, mostly because I'm in Africa. I could relate to every event at these Nation parks. How amazing the wildlife is!
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julius_ »

Megapede wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 22:32
Susmita Biswas wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 22:43 There's a list of my favorites. But, as you said, chasing the Icelandic Northern Lights was one of the bests.
Chasing the Northern lights is my favorite as well as I could see myself doing the same thing later in life.
Although I don't see myself chasing them ever in my life, this experience was really nice. The author described it in such a mouth watering manner that I found myself longing for it.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julius_ »

espo wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 13:17 My favorite was the Man Mission in Iceland. I shared the main character's excitement about seeing the Northern Lights.
I read about this, but maybe I couldn't share the same excitement because I didn't really figure out the appearance of these Nothern Lights. I'm glad you enjoyed that bit anyway.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julius_ »

Sugarlump54 wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 10:57 Man mission 10 was my favorite because seeing the African animals in the wild has always been a dream of mine. I too, like mission 14 because that seems to be when life was being put together by Ethyan.
I liked mission 10 too. The wildlife in the south African game parks was awesome! The lion, elephants etc. We share this .
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julius_ »

Falconcrest wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 03:36 The most memorable mission for me was the japan trip when the author broke down after receiving the bad news from home. And the lady who offered herself to the protagonist that was hilarious.
I liked the Japan trip too, though I enjoyed most the bit about cycling and exploring the land. The technology was amazing too.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julius_ »

ErikaP13 wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 03:48
tannus wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 00:50
LeDiplomatique wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 01:28 I enjoyed most the Harpers Pass Trail expedition. When the duo perceived a possible attack, the weapons they picked were amusing. When the author described the eyes surrounding them, wolves came to my mind. I was amused when I realized the terror was caused by mere cows. The author's style of narration of the scene made it more hilarious.
I was planning on reading the book later but your incident has made me more curious to read the book early. I like when the author adds humor along with the story.
Me too. I was just scanning through here before starting the book and now I'm legit excited to get into it.
The book is not a disappointment. If you like adventures and reading adventure novels, this is definitely your book! Good luck reading.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julius_ »

NetMassimo wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 09:23 For me it was the one in South Africa because they saw lions in the wild and in the parts about the narrator's everyday life he went to the zoo with his family, where he saw the lions in the cage. Those are the perfect metaphors for the two parts of his life.
Just like you, I liked this mission 10. The south African game parks were awesome, filled with several world animals, including the lion!
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julius_ »

ciecheesemeister wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 09:49 I lived vicariously through these guys as I have a lot of health problems and would never be able to do the things they did. Walking half a mile is challenging for me, not to mention very slow. I'm not sure which was my favorite although I did find the cow incident the most amusing. I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights, but I would not want to eat puffin burgers.
Too bad you have a health problem. Quick recovery. I agree with you that the cow incident was funny, they thought they were some dangerous animals. I'm super curious about the Nothern Lights too.
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julius_ »

Patrick Nandi wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 11:22 The man mission l enjoyed most was man mission 13 their trip to east Taiwan the best part was when they were in the jacuzzi and met 3 Asians and they had an open man talk even Daniel who was lost in his thoughts due to the separation with Pamela laughed forgetting all his predicament
I also loved to see Daniel laughing after that long moment of sadness. The Asians we're hilarious!

Return to “Discuss "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel”