Favorite character in the story?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
Mabroni
Favorite Book: House of Eire
Currently Reading: All in the Head
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mabroni.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Re: Favorite character in the story?

Post by Mabroni »

My favourite Character is Dr Kinney Peter. I think he was selfless and think beyond the status quo but unfortunately, his section did not go further than I thought it should.
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

I wasn't crazy about any of the characters. This story seems to be all about plot and action; the characters just do whatever they must to keep the plot moving along. But if I absolutely had to pick one, it would be Sharon. I like her attitude. :D
SHALLU RAWAL
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shallu-rawal.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by SHALLU RAWAL »

Every characters has its own role in the story, but I like Steve. His bravery and smartness impresses me. My vote to Steve.
tgoatley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tgoatley.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by tgoatley »

I felt like there were so many characters in this book it was hard to connect to a certain one. But I did really like Steve.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I liked Steve the best because at first, I did not know that he was an undercover CIA agent. He really played the American tourist well and caught on to Su-jin not telling the truth about being a native Californian. He also found the hidden lab first. The story showed that though Steve was a professional, he was also human and made several mistakes letting Sharon and Agatha wrestle him down and being a bit careless on his moped and wrecking it.
Urbashi Basu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ub-10.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Urbashi Basu »

I liked Kim Jung Love the best. He showed exceptional intrepidity in putting the error in the code. Later he shows resourcefulness in escaping. I wish the character were fleshed out a bit more.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Mabroni wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 13:50 My favourite Character is Dr Kinney Peter. I think he was selfless and think beyond the status quo but unfortunately, his section did not go further than I thought it should.
Dr. Kinney Peter was a barely explored character despite his heroic and selfless personality. He is an interesting and unique choice for favorite character.
amihughson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amihughson.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by amihughson »

I also had trouble connecting with any of the characters since they all felt so flat. If I had to choose though, Steve would be my choice. As soon as his character was revealed I remember thinking to myself "Finally, someone who sounds and acts like an actual human being instead of a plot puppet." I didn't appreciate how short lived that was though, since as soon as he is introduced to the other characters he immediately seems to get regulated to the butt of everyone's jokes. Also, unlike others, I honestly hated his interactions with Sharon. I felt they dragged his character down into cliche town and devolved him from the interesting character he was into this 2 dimensional character that would do his job, but was going to flirt with this woman he barely knows and has no reason to like except for the fact that this was supposedly a romance novel.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I really struggled to connect to any of the characters. I don’t think this book really appealed to me. I was hoping this would be better than the last one, and it wasn’t. I think the author could have gone a little farther with character development.
Everything happens for a reason...
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

vermontelf wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 08:16 I was generally nonplussed by the character development in the story. Part of this, I think, is a problem because I used an audiobook instead of a text, and therefore I remember few details of the characters. However, they seemed underdeveloped. Above, someone mentioned too much giggling. In another strand, there was a post talking about how the married couple hardly seemed to know each other. There didn't need t be huge character development to move the story along, but the lack of developed characters is what mostly led me to give the book three stars instead of four.
I agree. To me, the characters often seemed very juvenile. They didn't behave like mature adults. I was amazed that they got anything done with as much time as they spent flirting.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

I liked the scientist Kim Jung Lo. He was courageous and compassionate.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

I didn't have a favourite character. I liked Steve and Sharon a little bit more than the others though.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

ciecheesemeister wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 19:33 I liked the scientist Kim Jung Lo. He was courageous and compassionate.
The scientistKim Jung Lo as a choice for favorite character is beyond unique and interesting. I enjoyed how well researched and understandable the scientific concepts were.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

I think Kelly would be my first favorite character for her courage and well balanced female mannerism, Next comes Steve and followed by Sharon and Tom. I also liked Sharon for her ability to put in best of her for the moment and save the day.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
timur777
Currently Reading: One Bad Decision
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timur777.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by timur777 »

Hey :D I personally found Kelly as the most appealing character to me. I think she is a strong woman and at times I found her being blunt.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”