Favorite and least favorite parts of the book?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Re: Favorite and least favorite parts of the book?

Post by Adina Lutinger »

My favourite part is the anonymous scientist who entered a mistake in the code and saved the world. He worked in the shadows and made only a few appearances in the book, but at the end of the story he is the real hero. However, no one knows that, not even he himself, because all he really wants is to live in peace with his family and he doesn't care about being acknoledged as a hero. It's my favourite part of the book because there really are people like that in the world, who are true heros but we don't know about them because they don't care about being known, and I felt that this book appriciates them by this part.
My least favourite part is the relationship between Tom and Kelly. Everything about them just felt very forced and artificial to me.
mary-annef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-annef.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Post by mary-annef »

I haven't read the book. I can't get past the cover and the name. A rocket ship and an Electro Magnetic Honeymoon??? I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover but... So I guess my least favorite thing would be the cover.
tsh1001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsh1001.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tsh1001 »

I can’t say I have a favorite part..it wasn’t really very good in my opinion. I really liked the detail when general Lee was describing the girl pouring his tea. That part had more descriptions than any other part of the book and it really put me in the scene with him.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I haven’t read the book but the cover is my least favorite part. It looks unprofessionally done and makes me not want to give the book a chance. If effort can’t be put into the cover I feel like the story will be the same. I feel like the title and cover is something that will turn away many readers.
Wacamato1961
Currently Reading: Apex Five
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wacamato1961.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore

Post by Wacamato1961 »

I didn't really enjoy the book. I thought it was shallow and superficial. She tried to make strong female characters but goodness, surely real Senate Investigators are smarter than that. A lot of things were left unresolved but my least favorite was that Kelly was apparently sick but nothing ever came of it, and it wasn't related to the plot. I didn't want to hear about whatever Tom asked Kelly about after their night that was so great for him: "Are you sore?" Gross.
readerrihana
Currently Reading: Cute tooth decay
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerrihana.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by readerrihana »

Happy endings are usually the best part
mishkaat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mishkaat.html
Latest Review: Waste Not, Borrow Not by Takako Daniel

Post by mishkaat »

I liked the action scenes and ending was superb as it engaged me thoroughly.
a-b-c-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-b-c.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by a-b-c- »

I like the part where Kim Tung lo planed his getaway it had a good flair to his scheme and that he fixed his part of the project not to work.
Jocelyn Eastman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jocelyn-eastman.html
Latest Review: Phoenix by Patricia Simpson

Post by Jocelyn Eastman »

SomeoneInTheWorld wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 13:41 My favourite part is the anonymous scientist who entered a mistake in the code and saved the world. He worked in the shadows and made only a few appearances in the book, but at the end of the story he is the real hero. However, no one knows that, not even he himself, because all he really wants is to live in peace with his family and he doesn't care about being acknoledged as a hero. It's my favourite part of the book because there really are people like that in the world, who are true heros but we don't know about them because they don't care about being known, and I felt that this book appriciates them by this part.
My least favourite part is the relationship between Tom and Kelly. Everything about them just felt very forced and artificial to me.
This really was a cool part of the plot in the book. The unsung hero.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

Overall, the book was very involving. My best parts are in the last pages of the book, I like how everything was resolved in the end
AbbeylincolnSty
Currently Reading: The Intelligence Factor
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbeylincolnsty.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by AbbeylincolnSty »

I like the way the characters are well built. It is easy to relate with each of them. Again, just when you think you have known a character, he turns around and does the unexpected.
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I'm halfway through the book and while I find the book interesting, the constant title-heads are disrupting my reading experience. They're mostly unnecessary.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

My favourite part was the talk show interview, the science aspects of the book were handled quite well and it was fairly interesting. My least favourite parts were probably the goofier moments between Team USA, such as when they all broke out singing. While there had been bits of levity, the main tone of the story had been generally serious, so it was odd seeing people who are supposed to be trained agents acting like kids at times
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

The action part of this book was more interesting to me. I actually was not into the romance section of this book.
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

My least favorite was the chilling nature of the characters in a time of danger. I would be happier to see the character be more serious in times of crisis than to show their chilling nature. The most favorite was the fear of the enemy commander. This character gives me goosebumps. I liked his cruelty and tyrant role a lot.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”