Overall rating and opinion of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
Oghenekobaro C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oghenekobaro-c.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Oghenekobaro C »

I finished this action thriller. The author, I must say is a very good storyteller. The discussion about how much society depended on computer and what could happen if it was taken offline got me thinking of how fragile the world could be.
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

The is not something I would usually read, but I'm glad I did. It was quite entertaining and I loved the characters. I give the rating 4 out of 4 stars.
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

I have just finished reading this. I must say it was better than Cynthia and Dan but still has a long way to go. I will rate this 3 out of 4.
Julius Nwohiri
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-nwohiri.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by Julius Nwohiri »

I gave the book an overall rating of 4 out of 4. Not because it was excellent, but it was close to it. It actually deserves a 3.5, but for the absence of a half star. It did well on all counts, be it zero profanity, zero grammatical errors, excellent twists, a compelling storyline, and a reasonably developed cast of characters. But one thing is visibly absent, and that is the author’s aversion to technical details.

A lot of the technologies talked about were simply pulled out of the sleeve without any attempt to tie them to the story. All we know is that there is a phenomenon called a solar flare, and then we are told that Homeland surmised how to generate similar lethal characteristics from a nuclear-induced EMP. I was at a loss trying to figure this connection out till I finished the book. Somehow, Dorothy May Mercer should have found a leisurely way to demonstrate the points of interaction.

I also must also state that most of the major characters were poorly developed. We were only given a brief background on Kelly, Sujin, and Jung Lo. In conclusion, the book's finer points held well for it, almost cancelling out its flaws. To that extent, I maintain a 4 out of 4 star rating.
Manik Chaturmutha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manik-chaturmutha.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Manik Chaturmutha »

Dorothy's writing style was easy to comprehend, thrilling, and suspenseful. Even though the read was adventurous, it was slightly boring. I felt an uneven balance between dialogues and descriptions.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

Kelly and Tom's plans go poof! They are put into a mega operation with some people helping them. I liked the author's way of increasing the suspense as the pages flipped. Overall, it was a great read!
Drmol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drmol.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Drmol »

I rate this book 4 stars, it was amazing and full of suspense. I loved the relationship between Tom and Kelly a lot they always stand together.
Drmol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drmol.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Drmol »

I rate this book 4 stars, it was amazing and full of suspense. I loved the relationship between Tom and Kelly a lot they always stand together.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

This would be nice for all lovers of science-ficition. Although I could not relate to some part of this book, I think the author's style of writing was great. I observed something about the description. I think this book has more action than romance.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 in my review. It really thought a lot of new thing I didn't know
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

I enjoyed this book and the author's writing style. I reated this book 4 out Of 4 stars.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

This book was funny, intriguing, and action-packed. I gave it four stars. I would gladly take the time to read it again. Who wouldn't, think about it, CIA, a cop and his wife and a secret government agency consisting of 4 woman on an island far from home catching bad guys or bad woman.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: My Hope for Racial Harmony In America by Richard Gordon

Post by Christell Lindeque »

This book was very easy to read and it felt like the flow of the story was a fast pace. There was romance and comedy and a lot of action and I liked the spy part of the book.
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. Much like Dorothy May Mercer’s previous book, Cynthia and Dan, this book also had some unrealistic elements. However, I should add that this book is much more cohesive in terms of the story structure than the previous book.
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

While this was an entertaining read, I felt the story lacked depth and the characters lacked dimension. Enjoyable, but superficial and definitely not a thought-provoking tale that will encourage introspection or inspire change.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”