Overall rating and opinion of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer

Use this forum to discuss the December 2019 Book of the month, "E-M-P Honeymoon", by Dorothy May Mercer
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by tanner87cbs »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 17:49
Kaylee123 wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 13:57
AntonelaMaria wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 11:32 I would recommend this book but not to romance readers. I think that description is misleading. It is an action-packed book for sure. My favorite part is the ending and how everything was resolved. I also like how this book deals with interesting subjects like a solar flare. It is a thing I didn't know much about but after reading this book I was researching more. I always appreciate it when a book teaches me something that I didn't know before. On the other side, I would like if there were a stronger female character.
I definitely recommend this book as an audio. The narrator did an amazing job with it.
I'm glad you mentioned that you think romance is a misleading description. I'm not a huge fan of romance novels, so I wasn't sure I would read this book. But, knowing it's more action-packed, I think I'll check it out!
Glad I could help! Well, it is safe to say that romance for the most part in this book is only implied, and it is a minor part of this book. I hope you enjoy it.
I also really enjoyed the book and rated it 4 out of 4 stars. I am not a reader of romance novels either, so I put more weight on it being a romance as well. Of course, the romance part was in no way the major genre. Thank you for your insight!
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by tanner87cbs »

Michelle_Cerone wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 23:54 What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

I was really surprised. I was not sure if I would like it but I genuinely did. It started off in the middle of the action and it kept moving really quickly. It didn't seem like science fiction at all and it was really well researched. It had such a cinematic that I'd feel comfortable recommending it to other people. Sometimes I had a hard time suspending my belief in terms of the access that non-CIA people were given but that part was all fun.
I like how you mentioned the cinematic element of the book. This could easily be a TV show or movie. I really liked how the chapters and chapter elements stated the scene in bold sub-headings. This made the book very fluid to read.
ArielKiaira
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arielkiaira_1557554.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by ArielKiaira »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 08:21 While I am just getting started on it I have mixed feelings. I like how action-packed the scene with Kelly being followed is. The parts with Dr. Kinney explaining how e-m-p could be a reality, I found a little confusing, but I am hoping it will all come together.
I would recommend it to lovers of sci-fi.
I think that the author included the part with Dr. Kinney because she knew some of the nuclear warfare elements might be a little confusing so she included the background of everything into the story.
ArielKiaira
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arielkiaira_1557554.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by ArielKiaira »

AntonelaMaria wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 11:32 I would recommend this book but not to romance readers. I think that description is misleading. It is an action-packed book for sure. My favorite part is the ending and how everything was resolved. I also like how this book deals with interesting subjects like a solar flare. It is a thing I didn't know much about but after reading this book I was researching more. I always appreciate it when a book teaches me something that I didn't know before. On the other side, I would like if there were a stronger female character.
I definitely recommend this book as an audio. The narrator did an amazing job with it.
I think in the beginning when Kelly is the one who discovers the potential terrorist operation that was a good start to her being a strong female lead but then the Author kind of let her character fall flat. :/
Akpome1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akpome1.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Akpome1 »

My overall opinion of the book is that it is a book that teaches people to be vigilant. What I like the most about this book is that it is very well edited. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I do not like anything the least about it. The book is highly recommended to others because it has so many lessons to teach them.
M_fritz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-fritz.html
Latest Review: Followed my Star by AR Annahita

Post by M_fritz »

Currently finishing my.review on this book and I really loved it! It was actually one of the best books I have read this year. Really easy to read and not too long. Recommend it to anyone
Nimisha_91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimisha-91.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Nimisha_91 »

I think it's a very weird premise..It's hard to take the war factor seriously when there's so much flirting and romance going on in the background.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I liked the fact this was a quick read. It was also one of those books where you know it will be a happy ever after sort of set up. I do wish there had been more time for the characters to develop and really show us their strentghs and weaknesses. I would recommend this to people who like quick books. I could see this being a decent beach read.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
ReneeBrown
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneelu1998.html
Latest Review: the brave and the wicked by Brandon clarke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReneeBrown »

yeah, I agree the description is a bit misleading.
Saraion
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Saraion »

This book is an action book full of fascinating characters. Some of the interactions between characters are a bit out of the ordinary. It's a good book overall and I liked it.
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nyambura Githui »

I like the book. I'm currently reading it. I like the fact that it's written in third person's perspective.
DonnaKay
Currently Reading: A Portrait of Mommy
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnakay.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by DonnaKay »

I loved his book and would recommend it to action thriller lovers.
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

I actually sampled a bit of the book and I enjoyed the intriguing intro as well as the diverse characters. It is a short and sweet read.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Oliver_books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oliver-books.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by Oliver_books »

I enjoyed the character development in this book, especially when it came to Kelly. Overall, this was a very well-done piece of fiction and I'd highly recommend it as an ideal fall read to anyone who enjoys fast-paced stories. I have no remorse about spending time with this one.
Sydney Nyamasoka
Currently Reading: The 1000 most important questions you will ever ask yourself
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-nyamasoka.html
Latest Review: The Harder I Fall, The Higher I Bounce by Max James

Post by Sydney Nyamasoka »

B Creech wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 17:14 Overall I liked this book, but not as a romance novel! It was more of a fast-paced action story. I did not get a sense of connection between the honeymooners, Tom, and Kelly, so I can't help but wonder why the word honeymoon was in the title. What I liked most about the book was the ending, and I also enjoyed the budding relationship between Steve and
Sharon, although it couldn't be called romantic since they were busy trying to catch terrorists. I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars in my review.
Thank you for the informative review. I do enjoy fast-paced stories and would like to read this book. I would also like to understand exactly how the honeymoon was disturbed and what sustained Tom and Kelly throughout the sudden change of events.
Search for, and find, real meaning in life and live purposefully.

Return to “Discuss "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer”