Crime/Thriller Book Suggestions - Nov. 2019

For November 2019, we will be reading Crime/Thriller books.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Crime/Thriller Book Suggestions - Nov. 2019

Post by Heidi M Simone »

This is a place where we can recommend and/or offer suggestions of books that fall under the crime and/or thriller genres.

Do you have any great book recommendations for this month? :techie-studyingbrown:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I really enjoyed Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, and I would recommend this book for those who enjoy psychological thrillers.

Currently, I'm reading The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. This is also a psychological thriller, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'll come back here when I'm done and let you know if I still recommend it!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Post by TopaAzul062 »

Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare - Good mystery especially if you're a fan of Midsomer Murders (comes pretty close)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda - An engaging read that has a little bit of everything in regards to C/T/H/M genres

Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero - To me, this could fall into the Thriller category due to the storylines though it does contain some graphic descriptive imagery so reader beware

The Nancy Drew Graphic Novels by Papercutz - a refreshing take on the young detective series set in a modern day setting. Readers are pretty much in the dark up to the reveals; nice quick reads.

Haven't been reading much Crime/Thriller pieces lately but should get back to it.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I think I'm going to try reading Thomas Harris' Hannibal. I've been meaning to get to it, and I'm hoping it will help with the resurgence of my slump. 🤞
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
JonicaBradley
Currently Reading: Dharma Bums
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonicabradley.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by JonicaBradley »

hsimone wrote: 10 Nov 2019, 10:27 I really enjoyed Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, and I would recommend this book for those who enjoy psychological thrillers.

Currently, I'm reading The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. This is also a psychological thriller, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'll come back here when I'm done and let you know if I still recommend it!
I read Gone Girl in one sitting when it first came out. I'd like to read The Silent Patient.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote: 10 Nov 2019, 10:27 I really enjoyed Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, and I would recommend this book for those who enjoy psychological thrillers.

I am also reading it (I tagged you in another thread) and really enjoy it. Where are you in the book?

Edit: I finished the book and enjoyed it. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 00:40

I am also reading it (I tagged you in another thread) and really enjoy it. Where are you in the book?

Edit: I finished the book and enjoyed it. :)
Haha, finished it too, and really liked it!
Heidi

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

JonicaBradley wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 08:53

I read Gone Girl in one sitting when it first came out. I'd like to read The Silent Patient.
I really liked The Silent Patient, and would highly recommend it. :)
Heidi

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Gravy wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 23:58 I think I'm going to try reading Thomas Harris' Hannibal. I've been meaning to get to it, and I'm hoping it will help with the resurgence of my slump. 🤞
Good luck! If you have the chance to read/finish, let us know what you thought of it!
Heidi

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

TopaAzul062 wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 22:22 Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare - Good mystery especially if you're a fan of Midsomer Murders (comes pretty close)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda - An engaging read that has a little bit of everything in regards to C/T/H/M genres

Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero - To me, this could fall into the Thriller category due to the storylines though it does contain some graphic descriptive imagery so reader beware

The Nancy Drew Graphic Novels by Papercutz - a refreshing take on the young detective series set in a modern day setting. Readers are pretty much in the dark up to the reveals; nice quick reads.

Haven't been reading much Crime/Thriller pieces lately but should get back to it.
Thank you for all your recommendations! I'm curious about The Nancy Drew Graphic Novels. I might check those out!
Heidi

JonicaBradley

Post by JonicaBradley »

hsimone wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 17:25

I would love to. Care to give me a mini synopsis?
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

JonicaBradley wrote: 22 Nov 2019, 09:09
hsimone wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 17:25

I would love to. Care to give me a mini synopsis?
Sure! It's about this woman who shoots her husband to death and becomes silent. No one knows why it happened because she just stops talking after the event occurred. Now, there's a doctor who's determined to figure out the truth.

I think that's all I can say without giving too much away. :)
Heidi

JonicaBradley

Post by JonicaBradley »

That sounds interesting. I'll put it on my tbr pile.
Thank you.
Urbashi Basu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ub-10.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Urbashi Basu »

'The devotion of Suspect X' by Kiego Higashino. This is a very good crime thriller.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Ub_10 wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 21:27 'The devotion of Suspect X' by Kiego Higashino. This is a very good crime thriller.
I agree! I have read it and loved it!
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “November 2019 Genre Discussion”