Point of view

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Re: Point of view

Post by Kro92813 »

Which would also lead to aurilius'story too which would def be an interesting one! His would prob be the most unique since mongrels are treated so poorly in echoland
Dikay127
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dikay127.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Dikay127 »

I would love to read from Will's echo's POV, the prince. He didn't make many appearances but was such a vital character. I think it would be interesting knowing what happened to him and what he was doing while Will and Peter were running about.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Dikay127 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 19:38 I would love to read from Will's echo's POV, the prince. He didn't make many appearances but was such a vital character. I think it would be interesting knowing what happened to him and what he was doing while Will and Peter were running about.
Yes! He seemed to guide Will on what he needed to do next, but was in the background most of the time. We really didnt get the chance to learn much about him!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Kro92813 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 18:25 Which would also lead to aurilius'story too which would def be an interesting one! His would prob be the most unique since mongrels are treated so poorly in echoland
Aurilius' story would be quite interesting to read through, but I hope it leads to more stories about harmonies.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Dikay127 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 19:38 I would love to read from Will's echo's POV, the prince. He didn't make many appearances but was such a vital character. I think it would be interesting knowing what happened to him and what he was doing while Will and Peter were running about.
While it might seem interesting to read the Prince's PoV, I doubt it would be all that surprising considering we can basically accout for most of his actions and locations. I think a Sound and Echoes life run parallel.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 19:50
Yes! He seemed to guide Will on what he needed to do next, but was in the background most of the time. We really didnt get the chance to learn much about him!
I think his PoV would not come as much different from Will's. Even though he is a prince, I think his desperation to prove his father innocent of being called a thief mirrors that of Will trying to get Emmy back to his parents.
ElizaBeth Adams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-adams.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Door by Haley Quinn

Post by ElizaBeth Adams »

I think it would be cool to have a shifting POV between Emmy and Will, and really develop their twin relationship more.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

ElizaBeth Adams wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 08:35 I think it would be cool to have a shifting POV between Emmy and Will, and really develop their twin relationship more.
I would love this! It would actually make them feel like twins, because they felt more like acquaintances in this book
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

I would really like to learn more about the prince. He barely did anything in this book, but in the future it would be interesting to see him develop as a character.
~Roxie~
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

RoxieReads wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 17:34 I would really like to learn more about the prince. He barely did anything in this book, but in the future it would be interesting to see him develop as a character.
I agree! He has to have a big story to share - we just went able to see it in this one
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

Kro92813 wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 07:44 If you could read this story from another characters point of view, who would you choose and why?
For me, I would like to see the story through the eyes of Emily.

A character of the story and a twin to Will, who endured alongside her brother.

Thank you for the question.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

wordslinger42 wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 09:51 I think I would choose Dew Pellucid. For me, her character needed some more development. I felt that Pellucid has a lot of potential as a character, and reading the story from her point of view would add a lot to the story and provide some insight into her character!
I agree! I would have loved to see more of Dew. She fell into the background once she was uncovered and I kept waiting for her to do more in the story.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

I would like to read from Dew's point of view. It might bring up some interesting perspectives. Cheers! :tiphat:
BookPower9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 387

Post by BookPower9 »

I go for a Twin brother (Will). At young age he was able to adapt such situation. His braveness make him decide to go after his lost twin sister. The story became more interesting because of this.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

I would want to read it from Emmy's point of view. I want to know what all she experienced in Echoland.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”