Becoming a fate sealer

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Re: Becoming a fate sealer

Post by Kro92813 »

ElizaBeth Adams wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 07:51 The torture process was gruesome indeed. I felt so bad for the Echoes that had to experience this. It made me rethink the Fate Sealers, as I felt compassion for what they had been through to become who they were.
And it's sad because I think they would be too far gone at this point to try and save their humanity
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

Kro92813 wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 19:30 What do you think of the process of creating a fate sealer? Pretty gruesome, eh? What do you think happens to the fate sealers sound in our realm?
The series of events that leads to the making of a fate sealers might be shocking but I don't think I would like to think about it.

Thank you for the question.
MellaBella
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellabella.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by MellaBella »

I thought the creation of the Fate sealers was devastating. I couldn't imagine the pain the parents must have felt. I wonder if in our realm, it's the ones who kill and hurt others that are their sounds? :eusa-think:

I couldn't believe if a perfectly innocent sound had a complete evil echo. Or maybe it's the ones that died at birth as a sound, but the echo was forced into a Fate Sealer?
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Kro92813 »

MellaBella wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 13:27 I thought the creation of the Fate sealers was devastating. I couldn't imagine the pain the parents must have felt. I wonder if in our realm, it's the ones who kill and hurt others that are their sounds? :eusa-think:

I couldn't believe if a perfectly innocent sound had a complete evil echo. Or maybe it's the ones that died at birth as a sound, but the echo was forced into a Fate Sealer?
I think when a sound is stillborn their echo becomes a fortune teller
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I had such a hard time reading the description because it’s about the innocent being tortured and created into souless individuals that only know pain and torture. And soon that which was so awful for them becomes like a comfort zone to bring pain to others. This speaks volumes about the abused children in our society and how individuals can grow up almost without a consciousness because theirs has been seared. I was saddened by this part so much because it holds too much reality and truth.
Everything happens for a reason...
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

The whole Sound and Echo thing unraveled pretty quickly in my mind. Especially when we found the mixed couple. People were connected when it was convenient for them to be connected. I just felt like the premise needed more sorting out before the story was told.
michelle alcoser
Currently Reading: Come Away with Me: Gio
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-alcoser.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by michelle alcoser »

Washboard wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 18:22
Washboard wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 18:21
Kro92813 wrote: 10 Sep 2019, 19:30 What do you think of the process of creating a fate sealer? Pretty gruesome, eh? What do you think happens to the fate sealers sound in our realm?
I thought that an Echo and their Sound's lives are not interconnected, except of course by the law that a Sound's death means the Echo must die. I think if an Echo were tortured to become a Fate Sealer that their Sound would go on to live the life they would have normally had.
Sort of how Will's Echo is a prince, bit he is just a normal kid in the Sound realm.
Exactly. I don't think there would be any overlap, if anything their Sounds might show who they could have been if not turned into a fate sealer.
nchoate12
Currently Reading: 10 directions
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nchoate12.html
Latest Review: Welcome to Shadow Creek by Don Williams

Post by nchoate12 »

I think their sound would go on to live a life it would have before the process.
Blindjew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blindjew.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Blindjew »

I don't think anything happens to the Sound. It's been shown that the fate of an Echo doesn't do anything to their corresponding Sound except if someone, such as a Fate Sealer, intervenes.
ronmathewalx
Currently Reading: Exiles' Escape
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronmathewalx.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by ronmathewalx »

evraealtana wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 11:46
Kro92813 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 07:32 :o this just got deeper on a whole new level! And slightly more confusing haha it's as if Echos really dont have free will like sounds do
That was my interpretation, too - that Echoland is so reliant on "fate" and "fortune" because they don't really have choices in life, because their choices are made by someone else (their Sounds). They say things like "by Fortune's favor", when we (Sounds) have phrases like "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself." We attribute events to our own actions, while Echoes attribute events to fate.
This just went from Fate Sealers to "fortune" and "fate" :lol2: :lol2:
Amazing insight though
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

evraealtana wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 11:46
Kro92813 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 07:32 :o this just got deeper on a whole new level! And slightly more confusing haha it's as if Echos really dont have free will like sounds do
That was my interpretation, too - that Echoland is so reliant on "fate" and "fortune" because they don't really have choices in life, because their choices are made by someone else (their Sounds). They say things like "by Fortune's favor", when we (Sounds) have phrases like "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself." We attribute events to our own actions, while Echoes attribute events to fate.
I cannot agree less. I didn't have this perspective before but you are so right.

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”