Which land would you prefer, Echoland or Olàm Shonè?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Re: Which land would you prefer, Echoland or Olàm Shonè?

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Kro92813 wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 09:10
ciecheesemeister wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 14:34 When I was younger and more adventurous, Echoland would have been the clear choice. These days I tend to play things a bit safer. I'll go with Olàm Shonè.
My sentiments exactly! As a teen I may have embraced the danger and adventure. Now that I have a couple kids I'll just relax in my safe haven please!
Wait till they get big enough and the peace and tranquility becomes stifling, then Echoland would be paradise despite its dangers.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 09:11
kdstrack wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 21:43 Definitely Olám Shoné! This is utopia. From what we know of Echoland, it is still too dangerous and creepy.
Agreed! I will just hope that my echo is around so that I can get in ;) or make friendly with Will or Auralius
I qould go for Auralius. He is a ticket into Olám Shone all on his own.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 09:48
Kro92813 wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 12:58
Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 14:30
Unwanted people and definitely some wanted people too...even helpless desperate people with no Sound-Echo combo will have to find other ways to survive Fate Sealers.
With the false king dead and William king, the fate sealers should no longer be a problem
In theory yes, but in reality that is a different matter altogether. They are basically addicts of murder and torture...a change in leaders within Echoland would not be overly welcomed by their ilk. The only way to ensure Echoland is safe and thrives again is to either Shadowpain their a**** or end them.
I agree. their hatred is engrained far to deeply to turn them around. I think he would have to endthem to be sure they arent a problem anymore
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 11:06
Kro92813 wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 12:58
With the false king dead and William king, the fate sealers should no longer be a problem
In theory yes, but in reality that is a different matter altogether. They are basically addicts of murder and torture...a change in leaders within Echoland would not be overly welcomed by their ilk. The only way to ensure Echoland is safe and thrives again is to either Shadowpain their a**** or end them.
I agree. their hatred is engrained far to deeply to turn them around. I think he would have to endthem to be sure they arent a problem anymore
I would love Echoland despite the fate sealers, but they should be killed in order to never become a problem in the future. I agree that any othet options seek to endanger future generations should they gain freedom.
Kikijanika
Currently Reading: War Storm
Bookshelf Size: 760
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikijanika.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Post by Kikijanika »

I think Olam Shone sounds like a beautiful place. I think I would choose that.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 13:40
Kro92813 wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 11:06
I would love Echoland despite the fate sealers, but they should be killed in order to never become a problem in the future. I agree that any othet options seek to endanger future generations should they gain freedom.
I would possibly switch my opinion of favor if echo land was for sure rid of the fate dealers. With them there I just couldn't
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Kikijanika wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 18:12 I think Olam Shone sounds like a beautiful place. I think I would choose that.
Ditto! It seems so harmonious and peaceful. Quite the utopia!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

ciecheesemeister wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 14:34 When I was younger and more adventurous, Echoland would have been the clear choice. These days I tend to play things a bit safer. I'll go with Olàm Shonè.
My sentiments exactly! As a teen I may have embraced the danger and adventure. Now that I have a couple kids I'll just relax in my safe haven please!
Even as a responsible parent, I would drop the wife and kids in Olám Shoné and head for an adventure in Echoland, my choice.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 29 Sep 2019, 23:59
Even as a responsible parent, I would drop the wife and kids in Olám Shoné and head for an adventure in Echoland, my choice.
Well I hope you would come back! I'd be irrate if my husband dropped us off in a foreign land and left :lol2:
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Mr Benji »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 04:18 In this story we got to see the marvels of echoland and its amazing features. We also got a brief glimpse into Olám Shonè. Of the two lands which would you like to explore and why?
A prominent part of nature is the landscape.

Although Echoland and Olam Shone has it's own unique quality.

For being the centre of attention, I would chose "Echoland."

Thank you for the question.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

For me, I would choose Echoland because of the amazing pets, the chance for endless adventure despite the danger of Fate Sealers, and because of the chance to learn the history of the magical land.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 09:00 For me, I would choose Echoland because of the amazing pets, the chance for endless adventure despite the danger of Fate Sealers, and because of the chance to learn the history of the magical land.
And I'm sure there is a TON of history to learn! Think if how much info is stocked in pellucid library!
DonnaKay
Currently Reading: A Portrait of Mommy
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnakay.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by DonnaKay »

I would prefer Echoland over Olám Shonè. because It sounds like an adventurous place, but without fate sealers and fortune-tellers.
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

I prefer Olam Shone more. They have built trust towards each other and it is a relaxing and peaceful place to stay. The bonus side is that it has a fairy world like environment.
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

I think Olam Shone would be a good and peaceful place to stay in, but I would also like to visit and explore Echoland from time to time for a bit of adventure.
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”