Why does God permit the wickedness?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2019 Book of the month, "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation: Old Testament Stories" by Val D. Greenwood.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Re: Why does God permit the wickedness?

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

From the moment God gave us free will, I believe he truly demonstrated the trust and love that he has for us. With every good thing that we do we prove our love and with every bad thing we only prove that we are lost and need to find our way back.
Ify-babe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-babe.html
Latest Review: The Spiritual Game of Golf . . . and of life by Gerald Collier Davis

Post by Ify-babe »

Wickedness is caused by man and God will not tamper with the will of man. The problems of the world are also caused by man and God has given man dominion over the affairs of the world. I don't think God is to blame for allowing any wickedness. Rather, man should be held responsible for their actions.
Bennaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bennaji.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Bennaji »

I think everything God does, he does for a reason, so we can't question him. He has also given every one of us free will and everything we do has consequences.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

God does not permit wickedness, but His mercies are infinite. He gives chances to the wicked so they will have the time to repent. In some cases, humans become so vile that He even hardens their heart so they can't even see their wrongs. Pharaoh was a good example of this. When he refused to listen to moses about God's instructions, the bible says and God hardened Pharaohs heart. God is merciful and many people take that for granted

Return to “Discuss "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation" by Val D. Greenwood”