Use this forum to discuss the August 2019 Book of the month, "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation: Old Testament Stories" by Val D. Greenwood.
- Posts: 475
- Joined: 21 May 2018, 12:13
- Currently Reading: Ten Tough Problems in Christian Thought and Belief
- Bookshelf Size: 303
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
- Latest Review: Let's Be Honest by Jeremy Gove
tkpumpkin wrote: ↑
15 Sep 2019, 10:34
God explained in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah that he would not destroy the city if there was even one righteous person there. Do you believe that God remains true to this statement; that he would not destroy a righteous person? What role does Jesus Christ have in this for you?
That's a toughie. Most conservative evangelical Christians would say that there's no such thing as a righteous person, but I don't think the people of that time thought that way. I don't think people are righteous or not righteous; we are what we are. The worst of us, given the right circumstances, are capable of much good, and the best, capable of much evil. that's how I see it, anyway.
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 24 May 2019, 08:32
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 98
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
- Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos
Inasmuch as God will remain true to His word and will not prevaricate, He also remains a benevolent and forgiving God who is all-merciful and considers the intentions behind the actions of man. He will do what He says He will do, and stop at nothing to punish the wrongdoers when they fail to heed to good counsel.