Has our God left us alone?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2019 Book of the month, "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation: Old Testament Stories" by Val D. Greenwood.
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Re: Has our God left us alone?

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Our God is the God of love. He would never forsake us and that's why He gave up His Son to die on the cross. I always imagine what i would do if i were told to give my son to save the world. God showed His selflessness by yielding His own Son. That is the greatest gift to show He never left us alone.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

God will never leave us alone, we get proof from day to day revelations if we observe those revelations by keeping faith on him. Bible has the impact still today i believe.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

Our God is alive and is always watching over us. He is with us. The Bible is God's living word and is constantly affecting our lives no matter what we do. In order for humans to be wise we have to dwell in God's word. In order to fully understand the wisdom of God, we have to live the way he wants us to by following His commandments and understand His word.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Clemens Nickleby
Favorite Book: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Currently Reading: Free Plants for Everyone
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clemens-nickleby.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by Clemens Nickleby »

In the Bible, God says, I will never leave or forsake you. And He never does. We are the ones who reject Him and walk away. My question would be, how as a race have we changed? Has any of our new "knowledge" kept us from continuing to lie, murder, steal, or fornicate? Isn't that the crux of man's problem, he can't save himself or change himself, or his world but is doomed to keep trying, and the more he tries, the worse it becomes. That is the point of God giving His word, telling us about Himself, and what He is willing to do for us through the death of His son on a cross as a payment for our sin. Because the good news is, Jesus didn't stay dead, He rose again, and the new life He lives can be ours if we will trust Him and take Him at His word. That new life is transformative, and what wasn't possible before, is now possible in Him. He is our righteousness, and by His stripes, we are healed.
Truth is stranger than Fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't. Mark Twain
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

bb587 wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 09:46 If you think reading the bible has no effect on your life, you're not really reading it. Yes, the situations have changed, technology has changed, but His lessons remain. His grace and mercy remain. Books like the BOTM help us to put things into perspective.
I agree. You can't say Scripture doesn't play a role because things have changed; it is not meant to address those things that change (culture, science, medicine, etc...), but those things that stay the same, like sin and the desire for a relationship with the Divine. :techie-studyingbrown:
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

God is the same, yesterday, today and forever, so is the bible. The bible being inspired by the holy spirit as the word of God remains relevant in the lives of Christians. What has changed is how people perceive and read it. If it is read in the belief, faith and hope that God talks to us through the bible, then we'll find its wordings impactful and we'll remain spirit-filled after reading it, otherwise, it will be read as a novel and nothing serious will be derived from it.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

I think Impact of a book like this, as well as the bible, depends solely on the reader. Remember also that the word of God is divided into the written word(logos), and spoken word(Rhema). This means that the book can be read literally or figuratively(by the help of the Holy Ghost)
Claris L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claris-l.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Claris L »

wordslinger42 wrote: 10 Aug 2019, 10:04 I wholeheartedly believe that God remains present with us today. Circumstances, people, etc., will always be changing, but Jesus Christ remains the same yesterday, today, and forever. God is so steadfast and loving, so I definitely believe that books that use stories from the Bible or are inspired by them are most certainly still important and relevant for us today. God has been using His Word to change lives and hearts from the beginning, and He is still doing so today! :)
I agree with this statement. A lot of things have changed, but the lessons, books and stories that are inspired by the stories from the Bible are certainly still relevant. In this way, God does remain present in our lives, whether we realize it or not.
jhunt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhunt.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by jhunt »

I strongly believe that our God has not left us alone. Things around us may change (tech, government, jobs), but His blessings for us will remain unchanged.
Alexandros92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandros92.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Alexandros92 »

It depends on what you define as important and where do you live. When I used to live in Suva, Fiji, I found a great lot of people who worshipped Jesus and had built a church in every corner. For them, this message is still of great importance.
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

I believe the totality of God's Word is still true and very relevant in today's society. It all depends on how one approaches it. For me, His Word is timeless.
Ogbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86

Post by Ogbara »

Jsovermyer wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 19:50 Sometimes I also wonder if God has left us alone. With all of the terrible things that are happening today, I wonder if God cares.
God has never left us, not at any point in human history, it's just that most times our sins keep us from reaching Him.
Echezonachukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echezonachukwu.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Echezonachukwu »

Well the Bible is not a literature. So you obviously won't understand if you read it as such.
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

Each of these stories were written to be a resource in different situations. God never left us alone rather He has always been here with us all in our thoughts, in His words
Paige125
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Paige125 »

God hasn't left us. He gave us the holy spirit to guide us and the scripture is not a storybook but a manual to live life in a fulfilling way. Again, God has not left us and he never will.

Return to “Discuss "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation" by Val D. Greenwood”