Days of Creation

Use this forum to discuss the August 2019 Book of the month, "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation: Old Testament Stories" by Val D. Greenwood.
Jennashby_87
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Re: Days of Creation

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I think that the time frame is meant to be subjective. It can be interpreted in different ways so that everyone can make their own personal connections to everything in the Bible. I think that is the overall point in my personal opinion but I am not very knowledgeable with this subject matter.

Jimi Adewole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimi-adewole.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Jimi Adewole »

I think the question is rather immaterial. If we have the faith to believe in God's existence, the dynamics and specifics of time relative to creation becomes just as believable.
Experience is a harsh tutor for she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. - Vernon Law

You might as well read about it in a book.

sanjus
2019 Reading Goal: 21
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 100
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus »

We cannot compare those 7 days with that of the present 7 days because the time duration would have been different. Maybe those day had time length comparable to today's years, i guess.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- I believe this is my own quote. If someone quoted this before I am glad to know.

Vivianne Nat
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Vivianne Nat »

I don't really know as there are a lot of mysteries revealed in the bible that can't understood by human. It states in the bible, days, and we have our own definition of days so who really knows if it is the same as it is now or not. God is sovereign and everything happens in His perfect timing.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav

Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Nkoo »

In my view, no one can say precisely whether it's 7 literal days or not. Even the Bible agrees that a day is like a thousand years before the Lord. Therefore, whether it was 7 or 7000 days/years remains a mystery yet to be unraveled.

Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

This is an interesting point you raised here. I believe strongly that the timing in the days of old is very different from what we have now. Also, the Bible clearly states that a thousand years in the eyes of man is like a day to the Lord.

wendilou49
2019 Reading Goal: 75
Favorite Book: Code Name Lily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendilou49.html
Latest Review: Blossom ~ The Wild Ambassador of Tewksbury by Anna Carner
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by wendilou49 »

I believe that b the 7 days were 7 literal days. It says " the morning and the evening were the first day" genesis 1:5. I don't believe God took thousands of days to create the earth. There are places where the bible speaks in non literal terms such as in Daniel and Revelation, but there it says there word "like" to define that it is not speaking in literal terms.

Return to “Discuss "I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation" by Val D. Greenwood”