The author's approach to life?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2019 Book of the month, "Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream" by Dr Frank L Douglas.
LuciusM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luciusm.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Re: The author's approach to life?

Post by LuciusM »

I see it in two different ways. If the memories were good, you will embrace them. i they were bad then you must forget and do something to redeem yourself tom them.
"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from all the miseries of life"
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

The upbringing and environment during childhood will always remain the prime factor in the development of a particular personality when the individual grows up. Apart from that his own hard work, concentration, focus, and determination will play a pivotal role in making a career in this tough and competitive world. So it is an amalgamation of both the things and only the true warriors will be the winners.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

Jacquelyn-63 wrote: 24 Jul 2019, 10:42 I think it’s a combination. No one can ever completely reject their childhood. The only thing you can do is learn from it so that you want to change things. Those things are what turned you into the person you are today.
I completely agree with you.

Return to “Discuss "Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream" by Dr Frank L Douglas.”