Overall rating and opinion of "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer

Use this forum to discuss the June 2019 Book of the month, "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer.
Ignesta Ignetius
Currently Reading: A Dream for Peace
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignesta-ignetius.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ignesta Ignetius »

If the author had kept the storyline purely about cybercrimes, it would have been more interesting, the romance only dulled the book. Also, I found it misleading the title the book Cynthia and Dan[/] when the book was clearly about Cynthia and Dan. Overall, the storyline felt cliché.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Although the love story is an extra and superfluous addition, the plot itself is fantastic. If I had judge the book by its cover, I wouldn't have read this book, the book cover is unattractive. I didn't find it interesting.
Ash Subra
Favorite Book: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-subra.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ash Subra »

I love the book. The author did an excellent job on the plot. It's was very interesting and captivated. I do recommend to crime thriller readers.
bello ollie seven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-ollie-seven.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by bello ollie seven »

The book's focus is on Cynthia and Sky, not Dan and Cynthia, despite the title's slight misrepresentation of their relationship. I didn't appreciate how the author seemed to be trying to rationalize cheating in certain places. The final twist was good, and I anticipated it. 
bello ollie seven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-ollie-seven.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by bello ollie seven »

This novel struck me as being written with teenagers in mind. I can tell from reading previous comments that some of the book's substance is more appropriate for adults. In light of this, it appears that the author hasn't really thought through the target readership for this book.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I read the sample and felt no desire to read any more. For me, this felt like a book aimed at teenagers. I understand from reading other comments that the book contains content more suitable for adults in places. That being the case, it sounds as if the author hasn't really worked out the target audience for this book.
Ohmy Book
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohmy-book.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Ohmy Book »

It was difficult to finish reading this book. I gave it a rating of 2 stars. The basic plot had potential but the execution was not good. I did not understand what happened in the end scene of the cyber war. The title should have been different, I feel. The instant love thing did not work for me. I won't recommend this book to others because there is hardly much in it to keep one's attention captured.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Andrew Darlington »

The sections of this book that talks about Cythina's relationship with Dan and the stranger Sky did not appeal so much to me. Sald this section of this book dominated the most. I preferred the discussions on the cyber warfare which was not fully explored. For me, i do not think this book deserves a full star rating.
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

The only intriguing thing about this book for me is the cyber war plot line.Every other character seemed confused and very predictable.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I have not read the book to the end, but so far it's been a fair read. Its 2 out of 4 for me.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

The cyber war was my best part of the book, though I didn't like the fact that it seemed like a joke; I was expecting more consequences from the 'war'

Return to “Discuss "Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War" by Dorothy May Mercer”