Do you think this book marks the end or christianity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you think this book marks the end or christianity?

Post by Sahansdal »

Gathoni1991 wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 13:54
klballard wrote: 02 May 2019, 06:40 It’d be impossible for a single book to end Christianity. The Bible has been the most published book of all time while being the most persecuted book of all time. Christianity has survived Emperor Nero, Gnosticism, book burning, criminalization, Richard Dawkins, etc. One book might change a few minds, but it’ll do nothing to Christianity as a whole because Christianity isn’t about facts, rules, or a book, it’s about a changed life from a Person who rose from the grave. No book can counter someone’s experience.
I love your reply. Nobody can stop Christianity, not even a single book.
It's a fantasy of a wishful heart, not based on fact. We now have NEW period evidence that shows the whole story was made up about Jesus being betrayed.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Gathoni1991 wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 13:55 The book may stir up the hornet's nest. But I would love the author to do research on another religion.
What, a year of my life on this one wasn't enough? :geek2:
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Gathoni1991 wrote: 28 Jul 2019, 13:54
klballard wrote: 02 May 2019, 06:40 It’d be impossible for a single book to end Christianity. The Bible has been the most published book of all time while being the most persecuted book of all time. Christianity has survived Emperor Nero, Gnosticism, book burning, criminalization, Richard Dawkins, etc. One book might change a few minds, but it’ll do nothing to Christianity as a whole because Christianity isn’t about facts, rules, or a book, it’s about a changed life from a Person who rose from the grave. No book can counter someone’s experience.
I love your reply. Nobody can stop Christianity, not even a single book.
And why not? A single book started it, after all.
supernatural143
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supernatural143.html
Latest Review: The Killers Ruse by Darrin Friedman

Post by supernatural143 »

This book has various effects on readers, but it is not enough to stop Christianity. It is for general knowledge. It's more on saying what's on the author's mind and the result of his research on this subject.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

supernatural143 wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 00:18 This book has various effects on readers, but it is not enough to stop Christianity. It is for general knowledge. It's more on saying what's on the author's mind and the result of his research on this subject.
Hi. I'm the author. Would you please consider a review on Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
ernest kafuna
Favorite Author: Thomas McCoy
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernest-kafuna.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 168307

Post by ernest kafuna »

Christianity has a very solid foundation on earth for it to end abruptly becouse of a book.The book is just trying to illustrate things.
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-of-literature.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Lady-of-Literature »

I highly doubt any book could bring an end to Christianity because religion is not some physical building that can be knocked down. Nor is it a dynasty that will in time be replaced with another. Even the ancient mythos and less popular religions have followers. People, in the end, are going to follow who they want to follow. Usually whoever offers the most answers and comfort.

Now maybe one day the percentage of followers will fluctuate or maybe another religion will emerge, but regardless there will always be religion so long there are people willing to be faithful.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Lady-of-Literature wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 14:56 I highly doubt any book could bring an end to Christianity because religion is not some physical building that can be knocked down. Nor is it a dynasty that will in time be replaced with another. Even the ancient mythos and less popular religions have followers. People, in the end, are going to follow who they want to follow. Usually whoever offers the most answers and comfort.

Now maybe one day the percentage of followers will fluctuate or maybe another religion will emerge, but regardless there will always be religion so long there are people willing to be faithful.
I mean to say the process has begun. Christianity is going to fall. We have too much information now to go back. (Go to Scienceofthesoul.org)
The sad truth is that THERE IS SALVATION, but the reality is much different that the Christian version of it. The Savior MUST be a living one at the time of initiation. John 3:16 is not about Jesus, but about John, for it is past tense. The SON is the Holy Spirit, not any one person. Masters come all the time. John 9:4-5 originally said "sent US" -- meaning Masters, too, only can work while living. See the Codex Sinaiticus version which is oldest and most faithfully original. The second verse, 9:5 reiterates the truth: "AS LONG AS I AM IN THE WORLD, I am the light of the world." -- not a minute longer. John 6:40 says "SEE" the Son, not anything other, or lesser. John 14:7 qualifies "The Way, the Truth, and the Life" to those present to hear him say it. Mark 10:45 is misread as a death ransom, while it really is a living bestowing of Life on just the few selected initiates, the "many" -- not all, as a death ransom would be. All Masters throughout history have taught this, it just got lost in the early Church days in the Holy Land. www.rssb.org is the modern savior website.

I cover all this in my first book: https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert

This is a done deal. As certain as the sun will rise, only living Masters can save. You can ask the Master in person if you want. He was just here in America for a visit. I saw him yesterday.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Thundershake wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 15:33
Lhisa wrote: 02 May 2019, 17:30 Christianity is a faith that is based on faith. One book will never be able to shake the foundation of the true believers. The Bible itself tells you that there will be many that will question the faith and God so Christians are brought up in the faith to expect others to question their beliefs. Philosophers and atheists have been doing so for many years and yet Christianity has not died.
I agree with you. Just because another brings their beliefs to the table does not mean that their beliefs will become true for everyone else.
Pretty convenient that, and self serving. "Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain ..." Dorothy did finally make it home with a five-word mantra. Sant Mat uses five words.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Thundershake wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 15:33
Lhisa wrote: 02 May 2019, 17:30 Christianity is a faith that is based on faith. One book will never be able to shake the foundation of the true believers. The Bible itself tells you that there will be many that will question the faith and God so Christians are brought up in the faith to expect others to question their beliefs. Philosophers and atheists have been doing so for many years and yet Christianity has not died.
I agree with you. Just because another brings their beliefs to the table does not mean that their beliefs will become true for everyone else.
You overlook the Internet, and the Nag Hammadi/Al Minya Library discovery. They came only this current generation
Wanja Hannah
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanja-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wanja Hannah »

The widespread word of God cannot be brought down by one mere book based majorly on opinions without facts.
Wanja Kenya
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Wanja Hannah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 04:24 The widespread word of God cannot be brought down by one mere book based majorly on opinions without facts.
You never read my book, so go away.
Wanja Hannah
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanja-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wanja Hannah »

Sahansdal wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 19:57
Wanja Hannah wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 04:24 The widespread word of God cannot be brought down by one mere book based majorly on opinions without facts.
You never read my book, so go away.
That was my view on the book.
Wanja Kenya
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

There are many books that present well-researched information against Christianity. However, the idea of one work ending Christianity is impossible! I don't even believe this was the intention...
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

corinaelena wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 03:14 There are many books that present well-researched information against Christianity. However, the idea of one work ending Christianity is impossible! I don't even believe this was the intention...
Thanks for commenting. I am not against anything. I am for learning. In this case, it is really, really important.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”