What is your take about the author?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your take about the author?

Post by Sahansdal »

SA2090 wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 22:21 I liked how the author was not afraid of popular opinion and voiced his views. He certainly has a lot of courage.
Hi, thanks for commenting. Please consider adding an Amazon review: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Mrudolph30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrudolph30.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Mrudolph30 »

The author seems determined to broaden people's opinions about Judas. It's hard to imagine someone without a Christian background being interested enough (or knowledgeable enough) to write a whole book about interpreting Judas. But you never know.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Mrudolph30 wrote: 29 Jul 2019, 13:20 The author seems determined to broaden people's opinions about Judas. It's hard to imagine someone without a Christian background being interested enough (or knowledgeable enough) to write a whole book about interpreting Judas. But you never know.
I was a Christian briefly in the early 1970's, which of course is ancient history. Many of you were not yet born. But I was born again. So I thought, anyway. Then I met a living Master. ....
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 06:05
juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:47
Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
:D do you think his response rendered his work useless acording to you? What was your opinion after reading the book but before the author's response?
There is a plethora of so called research findings about Judas. They all contradict each other. I won't waste my time with this author's findings. I can go to original sources myself. My faith in Christ is not intellectual. I have experienced Him in my life. The author is very disrespectful to Christians by making claims about the end of Christianity.
But will you understand what to make of the original sources when you do? I know what every biblical scholar who has looked the the Gospel of Judas thinks about it, and they are all wrong. It is only because they aren't conversant with mysticism, as I am. Gnosticism is mysticism. I know it because I practice mysticism myself and have for decades. I'm not disrespectful to anyone. How am I disrespectful? I take issue with assertions that the New Testament Gospels are historical, and show why they are not historical. If that puts a hole in your boat, what am I to do to make you happy? I'm not able to reverse the truth about these things, you know. Try to learn for me. I can help you from my unique perspective as a former believer and now as a mystic. I'm not steering anyone the wrong way! I know what is down both roads, as I already went there.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

Sahansdal wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 10:34
juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:47

:D do you think his response rendered his work useless acording to you? What was your opinion after reading the book but before the author's response?
There is a plethora of so called research findings about Judas. They all contradict each other. I won't waste my time with this author's findings. I can go to original sources myself. My faith in Christ is not intellectual. I have experienced Him in my life. The author is very disrespectful to Christians by making claims about the end of Christianity.
But will you understand what to make of the original sources when you do? I know what every biblical scholar who has looked the the Gospel of Judas thinks about it, and they are all wrong. It is only because they aren't conversant with mysticism, as I am. Gnosticism is mysticism. I know it because I practice mysticism myself and have for decades. I'm not disrespectful to anyone. How am I disrespectful? I take issue with assertions that the New Testament Gospels are historical, and show why they are not historical. If that puts a hole in your boat, what am I to do to make you happy? I'm not able to reverse the truth about these things, you know. Try to learn for me. I can help you from my unique perspective as a former believer and now as a mystic. I'm not steering anyone the wrong way! I know what is down both roads, as I already went there.
Your tone is very disrespectful and arrogant. Since you claim to be a mystic, you must be knowing how to find God in all things. The identification mark of a mystic is humility. You can know a tree by its fruit. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. Be filled with the Spirit! I see that you are only a registered user and not a reviewer.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Renu G wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 13:13

Your tone is very disrespectful and arrogant. Since you claim to be a mystic, you must be knowing how to find God in all things. The identification mark of a mystic is humility. You can know a tree by its fruit. The fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. Be filled with the Spirit! I see that you are only a registered user and not a reviewer.
Renu,
Love isn't always easy to hear. If I didn't love my readers why the heck would I bother with doing this? It surely isn't for the money. I get back about a penny to each dollar spent promoting. BOTM cost $10,000 alone. I'm humble enough, HA. All but the patience part. I'm 66, and there isn't much time to tell two billion people their most cherished hopes are not coming true. But don't you think these people should like to know? I can put them on the correct Path. It isn't mine, it isn't personal! The Truth is what it is! We can all clearly see it now with the gnostic discoveries. Isn't that exciting?

Re: review> Why would I review? I'm not much into reading anything but cutting edge discoveries. I could not offer much with that.

You mistake certitude for arrogance. I'm certain of the main points here, so I say so. I'm not backing away from what I have learned after much study. And as long as we're talking disrespect, what about you? You won't "waste your time" on my findings? You seem to have found the time to dis them without even trying to assimilate them. They are absolutely true and defensible. If Christians think being told their beliefs are founded on a literary fiction is harsh, imagine their disappointment at finding Peter's heavenly gate locked and a no-vacancy sign hanging on it! Have a nice day. Go read something you can appreciate.
Last edited by Sahansdal on 05 Aug 2019, 14:53, edited 4 times in total.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

Sahansdal wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 14:20

Love isn't always easy to hear. If I didn't love my readers why the heck would I bother with doing this? It surely isn't for the money. I get back about a penny to each dollar spent promoting. BOTM cost $10,000 alone. I'm humble enough, HA. All but the patience part. I'm 66, and there isn't much time to tell two billion people their most cherished hopes are not coming true. But don't you think these people should like to know? Why would I review? I'm not much into reading anything but cutting edge discoveries.
I guessed your identity from your tone. I shall pray for you! Good-bye!
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Renu G wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 14:27
Sahansdal wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 14:20

Love isn't always easy to hear. If I didn't love my readers why the heck would I bother with doing this? It surely isn't for the money. I get back about a penny to each dollar spent promoting. BOTM cost $10,000 alone. I'm humble enough, HA. All but the patience part. I'm 66, and there isn't much time to tell two billion people their most cherished hopes are not coming true. But don't you think these people should like to know? Why would I review? I'm not much into reading anything but cutting edge discoveries.
I guessed your identity from your tone. I shall pray for you! Good-bye!
Renu,

I didn't notice you were online. I wasn't done editing my reply. Sorry.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 02:55 Having read that book, what do you think of the author? Is he religious? Is he a christian? What do you think the reaction of the church would have been if he is/was a christian?
He's a gnostic. Not religious in a traditional sense, but religious in the sense of seeking truth.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

10mile72 wrote: 28 Oct 2019, 10:57
juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 02:55 Having read that book, what do you think of the author? Is he religious? Is he a christian? What do you think the reaction of the church would have been if he is/was a christian?
He's a gnostic. Not religious in a traditional sense, but religious in the sense of seeking truth.
I'm a Satsangi with the Radha Soami Satsang Beas, of Beas, India. I'm a mystic, not technically a gnostic. Gnostics are an antiquated sect of similar mystics.
Songjohn007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-songjohn007.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Songjohn007 »

I don't see anything wrong about the author, and I think expressing his way of thinking or understanding in written words is not crime, but his material can only cause confusion to some and not convince everyone as he may think.
Aftab Yunis
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The fourth Dimension
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aftab-yunis-hakim.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Aftab Yunis »

I would say that a writer needs to research more to come up with the true findings of Gospel of Judas. How can someone claim that he knows the truth without knowing Jesus in his/her life? I would also recommend that he needs to reread the Word of God also, rather than going for others resources to find out. Thus, the writer is neither Christian nor religious, rather an antichristian. The church needs to take stand to condemn these heretic teachings.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

That's what they said back then! Nothing has changed. You are aligning with the wrong side
-- Sorry to say. I have done my research, and I WAS a born-again before realizing that *I* was wrong. You are assuming that the New Testament is divine revelation. What proof? This is a huge mistake. All of us as Christians have made it. I just learned through hard study that I was wrong.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

It was okay.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”