What is your take about the author?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your take about the author?

Post by Sahansdal »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 17 May 2019, 09:29
Shade-Tree-Reader wrote: 16 May 2019, 15:04 On is own Facebook page the author identifies himself as a "lifelong Christian." He is writing spiritual material so he should understand that his world view is entirely incompatible with Christianity, but he appears not to. I think he is trying very hard to make a name for himself in the gnostic world and is in way over his head.
Trying very hard ro make a name for himself while immune to the "turmoil" (20%) of readers of his book, unbelievable!! :techie-studyinggray:
I've taken a lot of abuse for writing this. If I could do it anonymously, I would. But someone has to do it. The material is here in our hands now, and it must be made known.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Kibetious wrote: 17 May 2019, 03:19
Shade-Tree-Reader wrote: 16 May 2019, 15:04 On is own Facebook page the author identifies himself as a "lifelong Christian." He is writing spiritual material so he should understand that his world view is entirely incompatible with Christianity, but he appears not to. I think he is trying very hard to make a name for himself in the gnostic world and is in way over his head.
I think Gnosticism and the true Gospel are incompatible. Trying to explain somethings is almost similar to trying to swim in a big ocean. Some questions cannot be answered now.
Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 17 May 2019, 09:29
Trying very hard ro make a name for himself while immune to the "turmoil" (20%) of readers of his book, unbelievable!! :techie-studyinggray:
I've taken a lot of abuse for writing this. If I could do it anonymously, I would. But someone has to do it. The material is here in our hands now, and it must be made
Kibetious wrote: 17 May 2019, 03:19
I think Gnosticism and the true Gospel are incompatible. Trying to explain somethings is almost similar to trying to swim in a big ocean. Some questions cannot be answered now.
This is the author. I disagree with all three of your statements, as you may suspect! Maybe a swim in a sea, like the Mediterranean.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

Judging by what this author wrote, and how he wants others to believe, I would say his is neither religious nor a Christian.
I would also go farther and say he didn't do a lot of study before writing this work because when a person studies the Bible or apocrypha, it invariably winds up becomes an in-depth comparison of verified works.
A person must have verification, and when a study begins it is a step by step progress that can only go forward as each step receives that verification, either by history, archeology, science..etc.
If the author had done this, he would have had some sort of proofs to offer the legitimize his opinion or conjecture.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

VernaVi wrote: 17 May 2019, 17:42 Judging by what this author wrote, and how he wants others to believe, I would say his is neither religious nor a Christian.
I would also go farther and say he didn't do a lot of study before writing this work because when a person studies the Bible or apocrypha, it invariably winds up becomes an in-depth comparison of verified works.
A person must have verification, and when a study begins it is a step by step progress that can only go forward as each step receives that verification, either by history, archeology, science..etc.
If the author had done this, he would have had some sort of proofs to offer the legitimize his opinion or conjecture.
It doesn't sound to me like you read my book. It is A TEXTUAL proof from an archaeological find. You compare and analyze texts, plural, side-by-side. When you find 24 parallel details inverted you have to ask "why?" No Gnostic would borrow from an orthodox story of human sacrifice. They abhorred that. I understand Gnosticism because I PRACTICE IT. The orthodox Gospel authors provably borrowed from the Gnostics. I explain how I know in more than a few instances. Sorry you missed it. The Bible is only Church propaganda. They wanted to hide James ('Judas'), the successor who IS known to history.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

I think Wahler means well and believes in what he is saying. The question of whether I think he is religious or a christian is not for me to judge. The reaction of the church would probably be a figurative explosion or shunning. For certain, they wouldn't be quiet.
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Chrystal Oaks wrote: 17 May 2019, 21:57 I think Wahler means well and believes in what he is saying. The question of whether I think he is religious or a christian is not for me to judge. The reaction of the church would probably be a figurative explosion or shunning. For certain, they wouldn't be quiet.
I really could not care less what the Church thinks. The Church is the problem.
elizaron878
Currently Reading: The Copyist
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizaron878.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by elizaron878 »

Given the overabundance of books in the market,he probably felt he had to write this controversial book,to make his mark.That said, Christianity is not a religion understood intellectually, but a spiritual one,best understood using spiritual faculties.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

elizaron878 wrote: 18 May 2019, 09:48 Given the overabundance of books in the market,he probably felt he had to write this controversial book,to make his mark.That said, Christianity is not a religion understood intellectually, but a spiritual one,best understood using spiritual faculties.
Gee, thanks. I hope I 'made my mark' now. Sheesh, somebody wants to share a major breakthrough and this is the thanks you get.
Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-amarachi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine »

If the author is a Christian, I guess the church will consider him a traitor just like the man he wrote about. But personally I think the author is just indifferent about the whole thing and of course I don't believe he's a Christian.
SavannaEGoth
Favorite Book: Warriors
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannaegoth.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by SavannaEGoth »

Having been raised in a Christian setting and subsequently leaving said setting for the close-mindedness and aversion to other points of view and scientific fact, I can't say a church would be super keen on this take of events. From my personal experience anything that challenges what they teach and/or are taught is blasphemy and innapropriate. If it paints anyone they like in a negative light or gives the "bad guy" the benefit of the doubt then it's just plain wrong in their eyes, and not worth discusisng. If you press them on it then you're only trying to cause trouble and insult them and their beliefs. It's incredibly irritating and hence why I have since left.

I want to clarify that I'm not saying everyone who is Christian or otherwise religious is like this, this is just what it's been in my experience.
"I'm going to die whatever you do, but I'm not afraid."
- Yellowfang Warriors: Rising Storm
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Catherine Amarachi wrote: 19 May 2019, 14:07 If the author is a Christian, I guess the church will consider him a traitor just like the man he wrote about. But personally I think the author is just indifferent about the whole thing and of course I don't believe he's a Christian.
I didn't write about a traitor. I wrote about James who was fictionalized and inverted as traitor Judas, to hide him.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The author puts his Christianity in doubt with statements like, "Judas essentially spiritually transforms into Messiah, supplanting Jesus." This denies that Jesus is the one and only Savior. "It is meditation that saves." "Salvation was through Gnosis." The author believes he can change Scripture, ex: "The Son of Man will be glorified in James, not in Jesus." "There is no trinity (loc. 1216) "The Son of Man is James - not Jesus nor Judas" (loc 1400). "Jesus didn't die for anyone, James was the real Savior" (loc 1704). These are just some of the outright denials of Jesus as the Savior and the Bible as God's Word. The author has made his position quite clear!
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

kdstrack wrote: 19 May 2019, 22:32 The author puts his Christianity in doubt with statements like, "Judas essentially spiritually transforms into Messiah, supplanting Jesus." This denies that Jesus is the one and only Savior. "It is meditation that saves." "Salvation was through Gnosis." The author believes he can change Scripture, ex: "The Son of Man will be glorified in James, not in Jesus." "There is no trinity (loc. 1216) "The Son of Man is James - not Jesus nor Judas" (loc 1400). "Jesus didn't die for anyone, James was the real Savior" (loc 1704). These are just some of the outright denials of Jesus as the Savior and the Bible as God's Word. The author has made his position quite clear!
Yes, and I will gladly defend that position.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

I did a lot of study to arrive at my positions of James as Son of man in John 13, and that Jesus is likely as fictional as Judas. The New Testament is a coverup of peerless proportions, and since it's very collation. READ DR. ROBERT EISENMAN (All three of his books on James), AND BART EHRMAN (The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture).
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

Julie Petitbon wrote: 02 May 2019, 14:15
Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
Wow...just..wow. That is a bit presumptuous and insensitive of the author. I think it is admirable to be passionate about your findings and beliefs, but that doesn't mean you should be disrespectful or insensitive to the beliefs of others.
Sometimes, when we're drawn into a supposed life purpose, this dedication comes at the package with a pair of horse glasses and all we can see is the straight-ahead road. Maybe, this accessory played a role in his disrespectful comment? Not an excuse, of course! Anyway, his inappropriate behaviour, definitely, will not boost the end of Christianity.
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”