What is your take about the author?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Re: What is your take about the author?

Post by Dragonsend »

Sahansdal wrote: 04 May 2019, 00:15 Look at John 6:40, for example. "For it is the will of the Father, that every one WHO SEES the Son and believes, I will give eternal life and raise up at the last day." When did you "see" Jesus? This person said this because every one needs to be able to see their Master. Otherwise, you will be open to being deceived by inner forms who take on similar forms to your Master. This is from a Master, too, not just me. You need to "theoron" your Master -- that's Greek for "to SEE". And it means seeing physically, as John 6:36 just before it makes clear.
John 3:16 says God gave his only begotten son and whoever BELIEVES shall be granted eternal life. translation and scripture can admittedly be tricky, however this is only one such scripture but I also believe that in several scriptures throughout the Bible it says to live your life accordingly with your eyes always towards the Father.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:

Post by Dragonsend »

I am sorry, I was not trying to bring up a debate, I was simply stating that it does not help to be antagonistic towards people. I agree his views are his and as I have not finished the book, that indeed everyone has their own view.😀
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
Joytoo97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joytoo97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joytoo97 »

As a Christian, I know my facts very well from the scriptures. I believe this author is trying to deviate from the original teachings of Christ.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Thinking about different interpretations to historical facts does not make a person a non-religious one. I think he is curious and also generous enough to share his knowledge and thoughts with the others
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

Hard to say, but does that really matter. I doubt his book will change anyone's beliefs either way!
amjohnson13
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

Dragonsend wrote: 06 May 2019, 12:07
Sahansdal wrote: 04 May 2019, 00:15 Look at John 6:40, for example. "For it is the will of the Father, that every one WHO SEES the Son and believes, I will give eternal life and raise up at the last day." When did you "see" Jesus? This person said this because every one needs to be able to see their Master. Otherwise, you will be open to being deceived by inner forms who take on similar forms to your Master. This is from a Master, too, not just me. You need to "theoron" your Master -- that's Greek for "to SEE". And it means seeing physically, as John 6:36 just before it makes clear.
John 3:16 says God gave his only begotten son and whoever BELIEVES shall be granted eternal life. translation and scripture can admittedly be tricky, however this is only one such scripture but I also believe that in several scriptures throughout the Bible it says to live your life accordingly with your eyes always towards the Father.
John 3:16 says JESUS SAID "God gave ...." --- So, Jesus wasn't talking about himself when he said it. This chapter is about John the Baptist, not Jesus. Masters normally never talk about themselves. I know so from years of personal experience around two living Masters. John was A SAVIOR. A "BAPTIST" is one who saves. So this famous verse isn't even about Jesus. The SON is the Holy Spirit, not any person. This is also why the Trinity is false. It isn't in original Hebrew Matthew at 28:19. Look it up. No Trinity. It says only "Go." The Son is the Spirit, NOT Jesus.
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by tanner87cbs »

My take is, he appears bitter towards Christianity. I felt like I was just reading a rant, then a lot of entries from other literature.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:

Post by Dragonsend »

Sahansdal wrote: 08 May 2019, 12:48
John 3:16 says JESUS SAID "God gave ...." --- So, Jesus wasn't talking about himself when he said it. This chapter is about John the Baptist, not Jesus. Masters normally never talk about themselves. I know so from years of personal experience around two living Masters. John was A SAVIOR. A "BAPTIST" is one who saves. So this famous verse isn't even about Jesus. The SON is the Holy Spirit, not any person. This is also why the Trinity is false. It isn't in original Hebrew Matthew at 28:19. Look it up. No Trinity. It says only "Go." The Son is the Spirit, NOT Jesus.
Thank you, as I am only about three quarters through your book , I have not made any final conclusions. However, the way that these things are written, and I have read your analysis on juxtaposition, I cannot come to the same conclusion even about this passage. I don't want to be rude or callous towards your personal beliefs, however if it were something that I could just pick up and read then I would have to take the words themselves at face value and this leaves no room for interpretation. Thank you for your response.
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

juliusotieno02 wrote: 02 May 2019, 02:55 Having read that book, what do you think of the author? Is he religious? Is he a christian? What do you think the reaction of the church would have been if he is/was a christian?
I think betrayal would have been the reaction, and I think the author is way open to new ways of thinking.
[/quote]

I agree, the church would not accept his revelation. I feel as though the author is not overly religious otherwise he would not dig so deep to find all of these secrets.
[/quote]
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I feel there was a lot of bitterness he felt while writing this book. It is a huge deviation he has taken from the actual writings about Christ. But I guess everyone is entitled to voice their opinions.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

The author is a free thinker who has embraced an East based religious belief. So he is religious only his belief system is not compatible with Christianity.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

I feel he might be interested in exploring different alternatives to a belief system which very rarely, If ever, has changed in the past without breaking into new branch church. Perhaps still debate which I don't feel will change many people's mind yet which could prove useful nonetheless.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
I got the same comment!
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

And it is also in PAST tense, not future: "God gave...." The sacrifice of Christ supposedly happened at death not birth. This is about John the Baptist, as is all of John 3, not Jesus. All Masters have taught that one needs a living Master to be saved. Go to rssb [dot] org and look into the books by real Masters at Science of the Soul [dot] org.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Post by Fazzier »

Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
I believe that the intention to obliterate God's word will never work. History has it. Take an example of the Roman Emperor, Diolectian, who in 303 C.E ordered the burning of the Scriptures. Did he succeed in destroying Christianity? I believe God has a way of protecting His word.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”