Overall rating and opinion of "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Post Reply
Sahansdal
Posts: 570
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 22:12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler

Post by Sahansdal » 03 Sep 2019, 17:55

Noosh wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 04:45
Ok guys, hi
I bought the book recently, thinking that it would be a great opportunity to educate myself on such matters. I started reading it but so far I’m not even a little bit interested. I mean, granted, I’m still on chapter one but still, normally I’m hooked this far in the book (true story). So, what do you suggest? Should I drop it ? Should I push through because it’ll get better? Anything?
I'm the author. Many complain it is too hard to understand. What they don't understand is this is my second book. Read the first one first:
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert

This one is specifically about the new information on Judas that ends Christianity as any sort of history.

User avatar
Noosh
Posts: 302
Joined: 09 Apr 2019, 10:05
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 58
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter Series)
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: I'm Swimming in the Toilet... PLEASE DON'T FLUSH! by Len Foley
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh » 03 Sep 2019, 20:54

Sahansdal wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 17:55
Noosh wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 04:45
Ok guys, hi
I bought the book recently, thinking that it would be a great opportunity to educate myself on such matters. I started reading it but so far I’m not even a little bit interested. I mean, granted, I’m still on chapter one but still, normally I’m hooked this far in the book (true story). So, what do you suggest? Should I drop it ? Should I push through because it’ll get better? Anything?
I'm the author. Many complain it is too hard to understand. What they don't understand is this is my second book. Read the first one first:
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert

This one is specifically about the new information on Judas that ends Christianity as any sort of history.
There’s a first book? :shock2:
Why didn’t anybody tell me so sooner?!
Thanks. I will read that one first. :techie-studyinggray:
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket

Sahansdal
Posts: 570
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 22:12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal » 04 Sep 2019, 18:30

Noosh wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 20:54
Sahansdal wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 17:55
Noosh wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 04:45
Ok guys, hi
I bought the book recently, thinking that it would be a great opportunity to educate myself on such matters. I started reading it but so far I’m not even a little bit interested. I mean, granted, I’m still on chapter one but still, normally I’m hooked this far in the book (true story). So, what do you suggest? Should I drop it ? Should I push through because it’ll get better? Anything?
I'm the author. Many complain it is too hard to understand. What they don't understand is this is my second book. Read the first one first:
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert

This one is specifically about the new information on Judas that ends Christianity as any sort of history.
There’s a first book? :shock2:
Why didn’t anybody tell me so sooner?!
Thanks. I will read that one first. :techie-studyinggray:
Great! Well, I bought the BOTM package for Misreading Judas first, as that is my current interest. But the other covers Dead Sea Scrolls, biblical references to other saviors, and Old Testament myths as mysticism, as well as gnostic discoveries (added after I wrote it), so it will help a lot to read it first.

Sahansdal
Posts: 570
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 22:12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal » 04 Sep 2019, 18:33

Both of my books are the product of my own investigation of what was available on the historicity or mythicism of Jesus Christ. It turned out he is mythic. If he wasn't a myth, there would be a historical story, and there clearly isn't.

User avatar
Noosh
Posts: 302
Joined: 09 Apr 2019, 10:05
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 58
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter Series)
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: I'm Swimming in the Toilet... PLEASE DON'T FLUSH! by Len Foley
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh » 04 Sep 2019, 21:18

Sahansdal wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 18:33
Both of my books are the product of my own investigation of what was available on the historicity or mythicism of Jesus Christ. It turned out he is mythic. If he wasn't a myth, there would be a historical story, and there clearly isn't.
Interesting.
Well, you say myth and it reminds me of Bones, the tv series. She also called the whole thing a myth and had reasons for saying so.
Alright! I’m so gonna read this book.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket

Sahansdal
Posts: 570
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 22:12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal » 05 Sep 2019, 16:04

Noosh wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 21:18
Sahansdal wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 18:33
Both of my books are the product of my own investigation of what was available on the historicity or mythicism of Jesus Christ. It turned out he is mythic. If he wasn't a myth, there would be a historical story, and there clearly isn't.
Interesting.
Well, you say myth and it reminds me of Bones, the tv series. She also called the whole thing a myth and had reasons for saying so.
Alright! I’m so gonna read this book.
I've been on this Path all my adult life and know it well. Any questions, feel free. I could use more reviews, if you like, too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert

User avatar
Noosh
Posts: 302
Joined: 09 Apr 2019, 10:05
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 58
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter Series)
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: I'm Swimming in the Toilet... PLEASE DON'T FLUSH! by Len Foley
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh » 05 Sep 2019, 20:50

Sahansdal wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 16:04
Noosh wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 21:18
Sahansdal wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 18:33
Both of my books are the product of my own investigation of what was available on the historicity or mythicism of Jesus Christ. It turned out he is mythic. If he wasn't a myth, there would be a historical story, and there clearly isn't.
Interesting.
Well, you say myth and it reminds me of Bones, the tv series. She also called the whole thing a myth and had reasons for saying so.
Alright! I’m so gonna read this book.
I've been on this Path all my adult life and know it well. Any questions, feel free. I could use more reviews, if you like, too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert
Would be happy to help.

But since it’ll be an altogether new area of reading for me, it’ll take time. But sure, I’ll leave a review when I’m done reading. :tiphat:
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket

Sahansdal
Posts: 570
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 22:12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal » 14 Sep 2019, 19:08

Noosh wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 20:50
Sahansdal wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 16:04
Noosh wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 21:18


Interesting.
Well, you say myth and it reminds me of Bones, the tv series. She also called the whole thing a myth and had reasons for saying so.
Alright! I’m so gonna read this book.
I've been on this Path all my adult life and know it well. Any questions, feel free. I could use more reviews, if you like, too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert
Would be happy to help.

But since it’ll be an altogether new area of reading for me, it’ll take time. But sure, I’ll leave a review when I’m done reading. :tiphat:
I always recommend reading one of Eisenman's books first. then my first book:

https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert

Eisenman:

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Sea-Scrolls- ... s+eisenman

or:
http://www.amazon.com/James-Brother-Jes ... pd_sim_b_2

This is good too, but a real graduate-level read from Eisenman:

http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Testament ... ament+code

User avatar
Noosh
Posts: 302
Joined: 09 Apr 2019, 10:05
2019 Reading Goal: 300
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 58
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter Series)
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: I'm Swimming in the Toilet... PLEASE DON'T FLUSH! by Len Foley
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh » 14 Sep 2019, 21:16

Sahansdal wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 19:08
Noosh wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 20:50
Sahansdal wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 16:04


I've been on this Path all my adult life and know it well. Any questions, feel free. I could use more reviews, if you like, too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert
Would be happy to help.

But since it’ll be an altogether new area of reading for me, it’ll take time. But sure, I’ll leave a review when I’m done reading. :tiphat:
I always recommend reading one of Eisenman's books first. then my first book:

https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert

Eisenman:

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Sea-Scrolls- ... s+eisenman

or:
http://www.amazon.com/James-Brother-Jes ... pd_sim_b_2

This is good too, but a real graduate-level read from Eisenman:

http://www.amazon.com/The-New-Testament ... ament+code
Wow.
Ok. Thank you. I’ll check them out. :tiphat:
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket

User avatar
keycrump
Posts: 6
Joined: 01 Jul 2019, 22:37
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keycrump.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by keycrump » 15 Sep 2019, 07:37

The title itself draws you in to want to read and find out what it's about. I would love to read this book. I don't agree, but I like conspiracy theories. I need biblical proof though. I would like to see what his evidences are.

Sahansdal
Posts: 570
Joined: 15 Jul 2018, 22:12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal » 19 Sep 2019, 14:31

keycrump wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 07:37
The title itself draws you in to want to read and find out what it's about. I would love to read this book. I don't agree, but I like conspiracy theories. I need biblical proof though. I would like to see what his evidences are.
You might want to start with my first book, which is broader in scope, and very centered on the Bible. I used to be Christian.

https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert

It is supposed to be BOTD in a week or so.

Post Reply

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”