Overall rating and opinion of "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
e-reeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-reeder.html
Latest Review: The Poison Profession by Rachel Wright

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler

Post by e-reeder »

It's a well-researched book. I believe that any new knowledge that comes out should be treated like science and research and be used for the benefits of mankind.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

e-reeder wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 17:33 It's a well-researched book. I believe that any new knowledge that comes out should be treated like science and research and be used for the benefits of mankind.
Cool. Reeder, can you say that on my booksite, please?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Thundershake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thundershake.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Post by Thundershake »

I started the book some time ago. I think it has interesting notions behind it.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Thundershake wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 18:07 I started the book some time ago. I think it has interesting notions behind it.
Great! Please review it on my booksite! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

Areej Tahir wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 09:03 The genre of this book is not my cup of tea really but the discussion and the reviews are compelling me to read it
I haven't read the book either, but I have been following the discussion of it closely, including the author's own contributions. Fascinating stuff!
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html

Post by Don Pwai »

I rate this book at 3 out of 4 stars. I feel that it had an amazing content plus it critic of the biblical story of Judas was quite engaging.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Don Pwai wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 12:16 I rate this book at 3 out of 4 stars. I feel that it had an amazing content plus it critic of the biblical story of Judas was quite engaging.
Would you consider review on Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

This book has some very unique ideas that I love. Since I was raised a Christian, I like the idea that Judas has been misjudged and misunderstood these past centuries. I think the book has some real value in the theological practice and could be utilized in many religious studies by other perhaps Catholic groups to analyze the true value.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

dorebri2020 wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 09:27 This book has some very unique ideas that I love. Since I was raised a Christian, I like the idea that Judas has been misjudged and misunderstood these past centuries. I think the book has some real value in the theological practice and could be utilized in many religious studies by other perhaps Catholic groups to analyze the true value.
Wow. Cool. Could please do me a favor? Post that in a review on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

Sahansdal wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 09:35
dorebri2020 wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 09:27 This book has some very unique ideas that I love. Since I was raised a Christian, I like the idea that Judas has been misjudged and misunderstood these past centuries. I think the book has some real value in the theological practice and could be utilized in many religious studies by other perhaps Catholic groups to analyze the true value.
Wow. Cool. Could please do me a favor? Post that in a review on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Absolutely. :D
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

dorebri2020 wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 09:39
Sahansdal wrote: 18 Jul 2019, 09:35
Absolutely. :D
This is a huge subject and red-hot now with the Nag Hammadi/Al Minya discoveries in Egypt and the Dead Sea Scrolls from Qumran in Jordan. I know the whole topic thoroughly, and I dare say better in a comprehensive overview than anyone else in the world. This is all I do now that I am retired. I know where all the scholars stand, and they are all wrong. Even the great Dr. Robert Eisenman (a good friend of mine).
Emmerdale
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmerdale.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Emmerdale »

The short book that is divided into four sections ,the author is aiming both Christian orthodoxy and as well as academic orthodoxy.he talks of his mission in proving the biblical story of how Judas was not a betrayal of Jesus Christ rather self-sacrifice.its a great book for those who have interest of reading about theology and philosophy.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Emmerdale wrote: 20 Jul 2019, 13:56 The short book that is divided into four sections ,the author is aiming both Christian orthodoxy and as well as academic orthodoxy.he talks of his mission in proving the biblical story of how Judas was not a betrayal of Jesus Christ rather self-sacrifice.its a great book for those who have interest of reading about theology and philosophy.
Emmerdale.
Hi, I'm the author. Thanks for the nice comments. Would you consider putting them into a review on Amazon?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html

Post by Don Pwai »

I believe this was a interesting novel. It critiques the bible in a constructive fashion. It warns Christians against being judgmental. That was marvellous. I would recommend it to open minded Christians.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Don Pwai wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 11:17 I believe this was a interesting novel. It critiques the bible in a constructive fashion. It warns Christians against being judgmental. That was marvellous. I would recommend it to open minded Christians.
Would you no please put that ln an Amazon review for me?

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”