Overall rating and opinion of "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler

Post by Van112 »

Reading through the book reviews about this, there is a curious side of me who wants to dig deeo as not many people have tried to look into these. It is nice to be presented in a book however i have decided not to go through it more as it might start some other ideas which can lead to obsession. Though great job in being BOTM.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sahansdal »

Vivianne Nat wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 11:09 Reading through the book reviews about this, there is a curious side of me who wants to dig deeo as not many people have tried to look into these. It is nice to be presented in a book however i have decided not to go through it more as it might start some other ideas which can lead to obsession. Though great job in being BOTM.
Don't you want to know about something important that no one else, just about, knows? Saviors walk the earth at all times, and always have, always will. They even have their own website. rssb.org
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

LeeleeByoma wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 06:07 The title of this book has certainly piqued my curiosity. I'm a christian with an open mind, and I can't wait to get my hands on this book. Should make for an interesting read, at the very least.
You are who I wrote the book for! Please be next to review here and on Amazon. I know you will put much thought into it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15246 ... 5K32J6D6Y1
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

Sahansdal are you Robert Wahler? :eusa-think: :?:
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

LinaMueller wrote: 21 Jun 2019, 12:48 Sahansdal are you Robert Wahler? :eusa-think: :?:
Yes, that's right. :tiphat:
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Vscholz wrote: 01 May 2019, 20:15 I started this book a while ago. I love the idea behind it, but I wasn't able to fully understand what was being said. That isn't to speak poorly of the author--he certainly did his research, but I think the target audience is very specific. A basic understanding of Gnostic beliefs is definitely a must.
I haven't read the book as yet, but it really appealed to me. But I see that you recommend having a basic understanding of gnostic beliefs. So perhaps I should go did my research on those before attempting to read this book.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 07:11
Vscholz wrote: 01 May 2019, 20:15 I started this book a while ago. I love the idea behind it, but I wasn't able to fully understand what was being said. That isn't to speak poorly of the author--he certainly did his research, but I think the target audience is very specific. A basic understanding of Gnostic beliefs is definitely a must.
I haven't read the book as yet, but it really appealed to me. But I see that you recommend having a basic understanding of gnostic beliefs. So perhaps I should go did my research on those before attempting to read this book.
Great idea, Kelebogile! Try my first book. Eva Darrington reviewd it here, too.
https://www.amazon.com/Bible-says-Savio ... ler+robert
Wambui-nj
Favorite Book: Half of a Yellow Sun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambui-nj.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Wambui-nj »

From a Christian point of view, this book raises eyebrows. It is controversial and evokes many questions. It is a great read though...
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Wambui-nj wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 13:28 From a Christian point of view, this book raises eyebrows. It is controversial and evokes many questions. It is a great read though...
Thanks for that. I hope you review it here, and on Amazon. It was a lot of work, but I assure you it is vital information.
Gracedscribe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracedscribe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Gracedscribe »

I'd totally enjoy reading the authors insights, after a bit of research on the Gnostics, I guess. That is not to say I smell a conspiracy of lies and deception in the Christian theology, but I've always believed that my faith is strengthened when I am open to questions and go back to God for the answers!!
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I will recommend this book to fellow Christians so they know what to guard against in their beliefs. There are lots of books that tend to sway Christians from their beliefs. Christians must therefore watch out.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

kwame1977 wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 02:14 I will recommend this book to fellow Christians so they know what to guard against in their beliefs. There are lots of books that tend to sway Christians from their beliefs. Christians must therefore watch out.
I started as a Christian in the 1970's. I stopped when I couldn't accept that people lived and died before the time of Christ. That didn't, and still doesn't, make sense to me if there is only one savior for all. -the Author
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

Fatima_Palacios wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 12:32 I'll give a try to this book it definitely sounds interesting but a little close to home if you're a very religious person
I have been "a very religious person" all my life. We need to get this right. It's too important. -the Author
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

kwame1977 wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 02:14 I will recommend this book to fellow Christians so they know what to guard against in their beliefs. There are lots of books that tend to sway Christians from their beliefs. Christians must therefore watch out.
Kwame, What are you afraid of, that you need to warn others of my findings? Are you afraid they are true? I would not produce false findings. They are verifiable. I have only presented things that can be checked by anyone. Here is the link to the Nag Hammadi Library: https://ia802600.us.archive.org/5/items ... ibrary.pdf
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

I gave this book a 3 out of 4. It raises some very good questions and the author sure did a lot of research. I was tired at the end! I had no idea all of this was going on. A good place to start with this book would be to watch the National Geographic documentary entitled The Gospel of Judas. Without this, and other reference texts (translated of course), this book is hard to understand.

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”