Louise as a Heroine

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Re: Louise as a Heroine

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

Very true. I've noticed that people seem hung up on her apparent lack of remorse after Larry's death, but I admire her resolve under the circumstances. Her problems didn't just disappear with Larry's death, even with the influx of money that came after. I also think she was faced with the immediacy of not wanting the business to turn over its head, so she maybe put off grieving until later.
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I admire Louise. She couldn't afford to just break down after Larry's death because a lot of people were depending on her. She had to stay strong, and maybe once things got better on the financial end she would mourn Larry properly. But I'd also add that along with Louise, there were other strong women like Anne, Sarah, Myra who were also the heroines of the story.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I really detest the way she treated her husband, but I guess the events that followed said so many positive things about her. I think she can be called the Heroine.

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”