Overall rating and opinion of "drift" by Charlie Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "drift" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by unamilagra »

I gave the book a 3 out of 4 stars. I loved the storytelling and the characters, but I felt the ending was a little rushed and some ends were left hanging.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

I liked the cover page design. It fits with the theme of the novel. Sea, ocean, sailors, an adventurous plot are the advantages of this novel that can undoubtedly entertain readers. Congrats to the author!
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

Haven't read it yet. I don't read books about sea but i have read many reviews which suggest it is a great book.
"Fine...Make your villain."
`Darkling`
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

The story was gripping, the author's mastery in narration and the ways of the sea could not be missed. I immensely enjoyed reading this one even though the descriptions sometimes went on and on. I liked the mature Strong Heart gang. I disliked Larry initially but later Louise, because of their couple's spat. I had expected that with Larry and Louise 'intercepting' the towing of the ship, some coverup would emerge. I thought the ending was premature. I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

I haven't read this book. It's in my reading list. I loved the review. Sea adventure sounds intriguing to me. It definitely attracts and I am keen to read this one.
BrittaniDJ
Currently Reading: The Heart Has Its Reasons
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanidj.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by BrittaniDJ »

I could not get into the book. I am not sure if it was a mood I was in that day or what. Based on the raving reviews however, I am thinking I should give it another chance at some point.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

I thought Adrift was moving and engaging with a few surprises. I liked the way Sheldon incorporated some of the current discussions concerning climate change and the environment. What I had some difficulty with is the sheer volume of characters, I actually took notes to remember all of them. I gave this book a 4-star rating.
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

I liked this book and found it gripping right from the start. I like the author's style. It has an easy flow that readers will appreciate. I think the messages of bravery and the strength that the crew and those waiting at home display is the best part of the book. I also like how the story is told from multiple points of view. It adds depth to the overall story.
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

I loved the characters that were showcased in this book and their wide range of personalities and abilities. I enjoyed this book because of that!
BuzzingQuill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buzzingquill.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BuzzingQuill »

A solid 4 out 4, hooks you at the beginning with well-written and suspenseful action and keeps you hooked with compelling characters and interesting character dynamics and side-plots
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

Ava973 wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 14:09 I really did enjoy this book. It had a different approach to the thriller genre than i'm used to. It had a close attention to detail that kept me engaged throughout. I would definitely recommend this to people who enjoy a good story with lots of twists and turns.
I love when books use different approaches than the norm. I'm usually skeptical about trying new books, but your comment (along with others), the sample, and the review have resulted in this book being added to my TBR.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Roxanne Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxanne-thomas.html
Latest Review: Toward Happier Choices by Michael Oborn

Post by Roxanne Thomas »

I completely enjoyed reading this book. I love how the writing was easy to bring to life, while reading it's as if the reader is there in the scenarios personally experiencing them. I learned alot from reading this book. I would recommend this book to anyone. I also rate this book a perfect rating of 4 out of 4.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Ruba Abu Ali wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 23:34
Ana Megrelishvili wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 10:17 I love the sea, the ocean and I love reading about adventures. Only a glimpse at the cover was enough for me to put this book in my bucket list.
My same reasons for adding this book to my TBR list. Seems like it has an impeccable editing as well, which adds to the smoothness and enjoyment of reading.
I am sure that you will enjoy reading it as much as I did plus most of the readers here. I had also not anticipated for an interesting story at the start of the book. It turned out to be a memorable one.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

I have only read the first ten pages of this book, so I can't give my final rating yet. The story was inspiring. I will update my rating after reading the entire contents in this book.
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

I would give Adrift a 4 out of 4 for sure. I loved all the different layers and points of view in the story. I liked the strong female characters the most. I liked the sea voyage terminology the least. I actually wrote a review of Adrift that should be posted soon. I go into more depth there.

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”