ARA Review by Shriharish of The Journey to Success

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shriharish
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Shriharish of The Journey to Success

Post by Shriharish »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Journey to Success.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Journey to Success a book review by Shriharish

Being an author, reader, and editor I truly love the message conveyed by the book “The Journey to Success” by Niyati Patel. It is truly an eye opener for people who are striving hard to comfort their family and satisfy their needs. The book focuses on a protagonist named Mr.Parth who settled in life after a huge struggle trying to satisfy the needs of his hard working mother named Divya, young sister named Ananya, and father Chintan diagnosed with a medical condition. The storyline moves on with Mr.Parth attending an interview and speaking about the path that lead to his success. Many of us want to settle abroad for a good living but the story will completely change your opinion on this.

Here is a brief summary of the story which Mr.Parth conveys, Mr.Parth’s father was a post man and his mother was a daily wages worker. Parth’s father had met with an accident that broke his spine and made him bedridden. And they had to run the family. Being paupers they could not even think of asking loans since they already had unpaid loans and the bank officials were after them. When we do not have any hope or when we are about to lose hope, God comes in the form of someone to help us. For Parth, help came in the form of his friend and classmate Akansh. Parth was doing his bachelors degree then. Ananya had to do part time job after school to help with her mothers earnings to buy medicines.

Parth wanted to travel to Australia to do his masters which he could do so with the help of his friend. He was a bright student and was able to carve his future. He became successful in his career and he opened a Hospital to treat patients for free. He got married to Priyanka and was blessed with a girl baby. The book was pretty much interesting that I wanted to write more about the book but the readers should also read the suspense and the twists and turns in Mr.Parth’s life. Many of us would have the dreams of getting rich and it will manifest, if we have the right mindset like Mr.Parth. The mindset should be “After earning enough to meet my family needs, I will return back to my motherland and help everyone who needs support”. Just because of Parth’s positive mindset the supreme force helped him to become successful.

Here are some minor suggestions I would give for the author. In the heading writer’s pen there was a sentence where comparison was given to sun and stars but the comparison should be for sun and moon since the next line talks about shining. The book has a lot of episodes since the story is continuous, so the number of episodes can be reduced. There were a lot of commas being used in each paragraph of the book. For example second paragraph of episode one, first and fourth paragraph of episode two, and first paragraph of episode seven. Also the commas in the paragraphs changed the meaning of the sentence altogether since commas are used to join two sentences or while addressing something.

The content that Mr.Parth conveys has to be in quotes and the narration part should not be in quotes or the quotes can be removed since the book moves on like a conversation. The only place where the quotes have to be used if it’s in the second type is when Mr. Parth is talking about his colleagues, friends, and family. This suggestion can be implemented in order to avoid confusion between narration and dialogue for the budding readers.

The book can be given a 4 out of 5 rating. The book is recommended for ages thirteen plus since the struggle and situation which Mr.Parth undergoes is difficult to understand for young children. The part I loved the most was second episode which conveys that mothers are a blessing. The book was pretty much interactive, supportive, provides mental support, and the moral of the book was amazing.

View The Journey to Success on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”