ARA Review by teronse of End of the Last Great Kingdom

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
teronse
Currently Reading: Go Tell It On The Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 3

ARA Review by teronse of End of the Last Great Kingdom

Post by teronse »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, End of the Last Great Kingdom.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

End of the Last Great Kingdom: (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1) by Victor Rose is the first book in a dark fantasy series following the life of the battle mage named Brimstone and the rest of his Crimson crew.

In Sulphurium, those who have magic, the “enlighten”, are tested with dangerous trials when they come of age to see if they have what it takes to become mages. For Leaf, an orphan whose powers have not yet awaken, the trials should be impossible. However, by the skin of his teeth, Leaf manages to pass his trials and is reborn as the battle mage Brimstone. However, that is just the beginning of his journey. Just as Brimstone becomes comfortable with his new life, the Order arrives and turns his world upside down. This novel tells the tale of Brimstone and his friends fighting to find each other and fighting to survive.

The story is fast-paced and filled with unique characters and sudden plot twists. However, be warned that this series is not for the faint of heart. Characters are tested, and sometimes characters die.

What I found most appealing about this book was the character development the author employed in it. He gave each major character a unique perspective, a purpose to fight for, and a unique power to hold on to. I liked how each of the main characters had specific areas of power, such as the character named Heat having control over fire, the character named Brick having control over earth, the character named Neutron having control over lightning, etc. It was great seeing the characters grow not only in their powers, but also individually as people and collectively as a group. There is nothing I disliked about this novel. Every chapter had something new to offer, and my curiosity to know what would happen next grew with every page that I turned.

I will give this novel a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed reading it, and there is nothing I disliked about this book. Finishing the first book made me excited to see what happens in the sequel.

I will recommend this novel to readers of fiction, fantasy, adventure, and politics, as these are themes employed in the novel by the author, Victor Rose. I will recommend this book to adult readers as there is minor profanity and ferocious acts are described in the novel.

View End of the Last Great Kingdom on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”