ARA Review by Gabby Russell of The Lost Identity Casualties

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gabby Russell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabby-russell.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

ARA Review by Gabby Russell of The Lost Identity Casualties

Post by Gabby Russell »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Lost Identity Casualties.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar was an intriguing read, as a good majority of the book was written in regard to dates. Each section started off with new dates to inform the readers of when the events took place. The main character, Mattias, finds himself in a terrible state after being brutally attacked. As his physical state improves, and his memory recovers, he finds himself thirsty for revenge. Throughout the novel, the character suffers from a loss of identity, which isn’t much of a surprise, considering he suffers from amnesia and was subject to a face transplant. This brings out very real, human reactions, such as anger and depression. The torture the character goes through is brutal and gruesome.

One thing I quite enjoyed about Ekemar’s novel was the twists and turns of the plot. The reader is able to uncover the fates of so many characters with Mattias as he goes through his journey. The backstories of the people and the past events that led the main character to his attack allowed the readers to piece together the mystery like a puzzle.

I didn’t particularly enjoy the complexity of the plot, as I was required to go back to certain sections of the book in order to understand key things. Another issue I had with the novel was the grammatical errors. While they were slightly irritating to someone with an eye for editing and proofreading, there was nothing major that made me want to stop reading.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys revenge plots, mob stories, or psychological thrillers. I would advise that anyone who is sensitive to violence and torture steer clear of this novel, as it includes graphic content.

I would rate this book 3 out of 5 stars. There were many errors throughout the book, which gave the impression that it was not professionally edited. It was quite slow in the beginning and it took some time for me to really get into it. It received three stars because the plot and idea behind the novel were interesting, and I believe the author did a nice job of writing it.

View The Lost Identity Casualties on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”