ARA Review by Michael Reed 1 of The Biblical Clock

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Reed 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Michael Reed 1 of The Biblical Clock

Post by Michael Reed 1 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Biblical Clock.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book, The Biblical Codes (2019), by Daniel Friedman and Dania Sheldon is a piece that helps to describe the relationship between religious themes through science ideas. This piece has fictional accounts of Jewish and Biblical stories that can be used to learn about the interpretations of Creation and End Times. The chapters are arranged from the history of Creation to the End Times, and back to the story of Adam and Eve. He interpreted and used historical events from the middle Ages to determine the Jewish estimates of the times of Creation, through his studies of Kabbalah. He added the use of his calculations in his fictional pieces, to estimate the time periods of Creation, such as converting the seven days in Genesis into millions of years. He mentioned the research of the Hubble telescope and used the lessons from Kabbalah to estimate the age of the universe. Like the Creation period, he used Jewish texts to describe the End Times. The author covers some events in the End-times in the Jewish texts such as, the construction of the 3rd Temple in Jerusalem and the resurrection of the dead.

I enjoyed some parts of the author’s use of fiction references and their ties towards the interpretations of the Creation and End Times in The Biblical Clock. He wrote pieces that the reader can enjoy, from several historical events to the future battle between Israel and the surrounding nations. Many of the author’s fictional accounts contain historical and future fiction characters that are in specific situations. In addition, he added his calculations about Jewish and Biblical history that can be used to determine the ages of Creation and the End Times. There is a glossary section in The Biblical Clock that can be useful to learn about the terms in the book.

However, it seems that the arrangement in this book is not in a straight path for the reader to learn about the ties of Jewish and Biblical accounts of Creation and the End Times to the support of science. The arrangement can be confusing to the reader to determine how parts of Jewish history can support many science theories of today. Therefore, the author needs to make a clear point about the reasons of his calculations and their relationships of some of the scientific fields today.

Nevertheless, I can give The Biblical Codes (2019) a 4 out of 5 stars because of the author’s use of fiction and calculations to support his points about the periods of Creations and End Times. I enjoy the author’s fictional work of the future battle between Israel and surrounding nations. He used his experience in scientific research to match his interpretations of Genesis. I enjoy the interpretations of the Jewish revolt and the End Times battle between Israel and the surrounding nations. I like his use of scientific ideas to add to religious studies.

From the reading of The Biblical Code (2019), I would use this piece to learn about events in Jewish history. This book has some fiction that the reader can enjoy to learn about periods in Jewish history and their interpretations of the End Times. Therefore, I would recommend this piece to readers who want to learn more about Jewish history and its connection with some science research.

View The Biblical Clock on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”