ARA Review by Ogiyaonke Kilili of The Lost Identity Casualties

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ogiyaonke Kilili
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

ARA Review by Ogiyaonke Kilili of The Lost Identity Casualties

Post by Ogiyaonke Kilili »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Lost Identity Casualties.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Kim Ekemar is a very creative author who is able to invite and empathize with audience, “Do to others as you wish to be done upon you.” maybe that is the author’s code. Bradley and Brougham publishing house 2019 has to be acknowledged for giving us such an author and book; “The lost identity casualties”, which I rate 4 out of 5 stars.

Why not 5 out of 5 stars, simply because too much of anything is not good. The 1 star left I leave it for those who trust me when I say everyone who is a self-motivated, opinionative /or /and open minded should get this book and gradually read it with your favorite motivational quotes within the book passages; “… the present doesn’t exit, and… we only live through the memories of our experiences and expectations of the future.”

Just of my quote earlier; “Do to others as you wish to be done to you.” The author placed directions on how about of reading this book; the book preface states clearly that thoughts or perceptions by person in question are noted in italic form and there are 171 actors, but 26 have any significant role, they are marked in bold in the overview at the end of the book. Mattias Callaghan septology thriller novel starts with Part 1 called the Fragments of a puzzle from a forgotten past, part 2 called the reward from exacting revenge is in the details.

Part 1 begins with a Thursday 03/01/2008 where doctor Sternmacer is the leading doctor for Mr Mattias whom wakes up at a luxurious hospital in Switzerland without memory or fingers, bandaged like a mummy, and strapped to the bed. The author stated that the purpose of day, month, and year is to ensure the reality and preciseness of this book, and on point I second the author. Monday of January 7th 2008 Mattias discovers that he has a wife called Julia and no children (a relief, I thought to myself while reading).

Doctor Braun is his psychological doctor who wisely advised him to take time and patience in understanding his own memories as they may not come in a sequence, therefore Mr Mattias saw a need not to tell when he remembered some parts of his life especially his youth days, dating from Saturday 12/07/1972 to Monday 03/04/2006, but not in a sequence. 03/04/2006 he was thirty-five when he married Julia, his second wife and his first wife being Sharon, whom he had married just after rising from the ashes his father burnt him into.

His father was like fathers of this century, who beg their baby mothers to report them for child mentanence. Mattias father is a manipulative father and selfish boy, who is irresponsible as a sperm donor, as he squandered all Mattias inheritance earned from his grandfather and still owes him money currently, which I fail seeing him pay it. Belle and Allan should have kept up with Mattias as Allan had no business history and ideas as compared to Mattias. Mattias is a man with no giving up and in personality, which he inherited from his grandfather.

The book cover shows Mattias in bandages, it also reflects the character’s next move (part 2 of the thriller); a different side of Mattias after finding out what caused his hospitalization. It’s amusing how situations can change our personality and let us discover other capabilities we never imagined. Blood, money, justice, and so on in part 2.

View The Lost Identity Casualties on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”