ARA Review by Robtrice Simmons of The Boy who Lived with Ghosts

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robtrice Simmons
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Robtrice Simmons of The Boy who Lived with Ghosts

Post by Robtrice Simmons »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Boy who Lived with Ghosts.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Boy who lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell is memorizing book. It take places in the 60s. It told by a young man eyes and it is a book about survival. A boy's desperate attempts to save his mother from the horror. This book bring a lot of emotions for me. I can picture Mitchell so clearly in his childhood.

He writes with humor about his tragic childhood. His family include his grandfather who think he is a train, grandmother who is Scottish, his twin sister, his mother and father, and his older sister that have demons invading her sanity. His aunt relieve the hardships by make his situation a laughable moment. He survive his drunk father and his sister abuses him everyday while trying to kill herself.

Also it can be a little boring in some of the chapters. I admire Mitchell for his strength. I am glad that Mitchell wrote this book for his older sister. This book will impact many people who grew up in a home with serious problems. It was a great ideal for the author to include an epilogue.

It show where the characters are now. It shows he finally forgive his sister. However, his mother and grandmother allow it to happen. So I am glad he got the release he deserve. I glad that his twin sister is doing well too.

In conclusion, I will rate this book 5 out of 5 because it is an easy read. The characters is relatable and the format of this book is clear. The author give the reader great details in the book. So this was an awesome read.

View The Boy who Lived with Ghosts on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”