ARA Review by Nasray22 of The Reel Sisters

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nasray22
Currently Reading: Raptor Canyon
Bookshelf Size: 22

ARA Review by Nasray22 of The Reel Sisters

Post by Nasray22 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Reel Sisters.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book, The reel sisters by Michelle Cummings, just as the title suggests, is about five ladies, Sophie, Rose, Amanda, Veronica and Melody, who became close friends, especially through the sport of fly fishing, hence the name 'reel sisters'.
Fly fishing is simply just fishing, but with a fly rod instead of a usual rod. The intent of fly fishing is typically to fool a fish on any artificial fly that is made with animal pieces (feathers, hair, et cetera).
The book consists of five chapters, each one of of the ladies with her own chapter. They talk about their past lives, how they met each other and especially explain a lot about how they started fly fishing and their whole experience throughout.

In the first chapter, Sophie narrates about her life and how she liked fishing, not fly fishing. She had no idea about fly fishing back then. According to her, she started liking the sport of fly fishing after reading the book, 'A River Runs Through It'. She was greatly inspired by Brad Pitt and went to a fly shop to learn more about fly fishing.
This sport of fly fishing seemed to be uncommon among women. This is evident when Sophie inquired to have fishing classes with Buck, the owner of the fly shop, and she was asked if she was applying for her brother.

Buck says that Sophie might be the first woman there to want to learn how to fish. The other four girls, all in their own chapters, also explain their whole experience with fly fishing.
Some days they would go and come back without
any fish but still, they liked fly fishing with passion. They mostly went for fishing together unless one of them was unavailable for some reasons.
After reading, I can say that the sport of fly fishing seems to be really interesting from the ladies' experiences.

The book is really great especially for lovers of adventures and sports, especially fishing. It's an inspiration and a calling to start the sport of fly fishing if you wouldn't mind trying new things. I liked the style of the book and the choice of words.
I barely saw any curse words or foul language. There were also mere grammatical errors that couldn't be noticed easily. The editor did a good job.

However, I didn't really have fun while reading the book as it was just plain, no suspence, no creativity, nothing fun but purely the same thing from the start to the end. I'll rate the book 3 out of 5 stars, since the author was keen to avoid errors and the style of the book was good.
The only thing the book lacked, which plays a big role in increasing the reader's interest to continue, is lack of any suspence, mystery and creativity.

I can still recommend the book for lovers of adventures and sports, as it is informative.

View The Reel Sisters on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”