ARA Review by N+Retallick of Nightlord: Sunset

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
N+Retallick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

ARA Review by N+Retallick of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by N+Retallick »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Nightlord: Sunset.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I give this a 5 out of 5 rating.

The author, Garon Whited, sure has a creative spirit. I view Nightlord as a vampire fairy tale for adults.

Go through the magic door with Eric as he casts spells and fights others who are trying to kill him and his kind. I was drawn in through the magical doorway from the beginning. Eric travels alone to a medieval world trying to get to those in charge of killing his kind. What unreasonable people try to kill vampires? Those who hide in the church.

Waking up in a mansion after a night of drinking with a pretty woman fixing breakfast is every drunk guy’s dream come true. And being called “Lord” to boot. He didn’t anticipate being turned into a vampire though. The pretty woman’s name is Sasha. She knows Eric from a previous century. Sasha teaches him how to be a vampire. Skills he needs to survive after he travels through the magic doorway. Eric enters a medieval world and becomes the hero.

Eric is now known as Halar. Eric was a physics teacher in what we know as our modern world. In the medieval world he becomes Halar, the heroic vampire. In the medieval world he kills those who are trying to kill him; and because they killed Sasha. Part of his magical skills is his ability to change a bronze horse statue into a bronze working horse. And, he pretty much eats a dragon for lunch and now has dragon power.

I learned something new. The writer explains some vampires can be out during daylight hours and I learned the difference between magicians and wizards.

The writer’s method of using informal conversational writing was as if a friend was telling me his story.

The Eric-Halar character has morals and is very ethical. Eric-Halar sort of adopts the under privileged from his travels and assumes the responsibility of being their protector. He takes them through the treacherous mountains so they can live in peace as their own tribe. Eric-Halar understands that education is the way out of poverty, so he decides to open a school in their new home.

The book had to end someplace so why not at the edge of the world? Eric-Halar is caught up in a dangerous situation and so now I must read the series.

This is the best vampire book I have ever read. The book is lengthy but I’m going to be reading something anyway so it might as well be a book I really enjoy.

There is a lot of violence in this book; men and women fighting, and animals are killed with graphic detail.

View Nightlord: Sunset on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”