ARA Review by basl99 of Burn Zones

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
basl99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Secrets of Living A Fantastic Life

ARA Review by basl99 of Burn Zones

Post by basl99 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Burn Zones.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I picked up this book Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery because I loved the great reviews in Kirkus, Readers Favorite, Online Book Club, etc. I thought to myself, “I must be missing something.” Maybe, at worst, I thought I could learn a few business lessons from a successful entrepreneur. But what I saw really surprised me. I got much more than I expected. This book was not good, it was great.

I was transfixed by this book from beginning to end. Not often do I read a book cover to cover in one sitting, but I did it with this book.. Jorge is a rebel, a personality I identify with. His various undertakings, from an ice cream tricycle at age 11 to his ultimate one, that grew out of a 26 million dollar debt. , were about his desire to learn about the world in his own way not from blindly following others.

Jorge was a high school dropout but always relied on his life’s lessons at each enterprise. When he was racing bicycles, he considered these intense moments of struggle his “burn zones.” These were times fight but would overcome his difficulty and come out to lead the pack.

To him, his life was a series of burn zones. And in every burn zone, he didn't give up to find the best result. And this great financial successes.
Until he had his greatest failure and he went 26 million dollars in debt.

But, I was most impressed about how he was able to help so many people through his activities. One example was Woodland Meadows, 1,100-unit troubled apartment complex in Cleveland, OH. A crime infested slum. But he listened to a resident’s advice to replace armed security guards with the police force with residents who cared about the safety of the community. As a result, the community flourished.

His greatest success was American Homeowner Preservation "a socially responsible hedge fund which purchases nonperforming mortgages from banks at big discounts, then shares the discounts with families to settle their mortgages at terms many borrowers find 'too good to be true.'" The business helped many homeowners keep their houses by buying debts from mortgage creditors and offering low payment terms homeowners could afford.

What lesson will you learn? Having a business is more than about making money. With caring magic happens. In our recent book, The secrets to Living a fantastic life, Harriet Tinka, my co-author says “from tragic to magic. Jorge lives this as well. As Epitectus says, “It’s not what happens to you, it’s what you do with what happens.

The words of inspiration written by Jorge are mesmerizing. There isn’t a burn zone he couldn’t conquer. Even with all his successes, he remembers his past from and enjoys each and every experience. Jorge is a great writer and he obviously had a great editor .I rate this book 5 out 5 but this may be too little for such an epic work. If you want an engrossing story (and who doesn’t?), this is your book. You won’t be sorry. I can hardly wait to did in another one of his.

View Burn Zones on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”