ARA Review by Grand_bookie of Free Fish Friday

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Grand_bookie
Currently Reading: Water Born
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grand-bookie.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

ARA Review by Grand_bookie of Free Fish Friday

Post by Grand_bookie »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Free Fish Friday.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Free fish Friday" by Lee Stone which launched the Slacker Mills mysteries is a captivating mysterious and thrilling novel, uncovering a murder mystery with hot crime scenes and investigations, equally digging into the eccentric lifestyle of the characters.

The fun and warm mysterious book drags into view, Slacker Mills, a 37-year-old angler who travels landing to the landing before giving it a rest in Key West, Florida because he felt he had finally reached the perfect place for him. Slacker Mills works as a motel manager but still had plentiful time to spare on fishing. He is an esteemed and famous angler in Florida and well regarded as a charitable icon as he celebrates Friday nights with free feasts of his catch. There's usually lots of liquor too. Vacating girls had their liquor-fogged eyes on Slacker but he wasn't interested or should I say not ready for serious relationships, commitments, and the likes.

He has a best friend and benefactor, Jerry Porter, who mysteriously came to town in his Yacht. Slacker and Jerry spends valuable time fishing together and doing what best friends do.Jerry is assassinated violently and his body is found lying naked on the harbor.

When the news got out, the murder investigation commenced and Slacker was tagged the prime suspect. Slacker's fantasy world crumbles and all his reputation dissipates. Old colleagues torture him with cold stares and, so to bring his name out of the dirt, he decides to solve the mystery behind the death of his best friend, Jerry.

During the murder investigation, disclosed information leads to the destruction of family bonds and damages friendships. Tourism, part of their town's revenue sources, diminishes due to the unwelcoming publicity. The once bubbly and equally relaxed community loses its attributes and glow.

The author, Lee Stone, makes the plot engaging and with a really addictive and intriguing storyline. I always wanted to know what would happen next. The book is filled with unexpected surprises as well and I never even see them coming. I was taken aback when I found out this is a mystery novel. The title doesn't even say murder or didn't even pull it off. I was stunned when I found out that the book was murder related but it was something that kept me reading, hunting for more surprises which I eventually found. The book also took me on a trip, I could picture scenes, spots, and even the characters felt genuine, I could picture them in my imagination.The author also did a really great job of keeping tracks characters and ensuring he brought conclusions to all loose ends.

I loved how the plot became sophisticated and detailed after Jerry's' death. Speech isn't confusing, it is clear enough that it doesn't get in the way of the story.

I give it 5 out of 5 stars because this book deserved it. I enjoyed every bit of the book. This book will appeal to the reader who enjoys fascinating mysteries, suspense, and crime-related books written in the first-person point of view. I really can't wait to get the sequel.

View Free Fish Friday on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”