ARA Review by bstanzell of Blood Moon's Fury

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bstanzell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

ARA Review by bstanzell of Blood Moon's Fury

Post by bstanzell »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Blood Moon's Fury.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Blood Moon’s Fury[i\] takes the supernatural creatures we know and creates a whole new spin on them. Angels, Demons, Mages, and the hybrid super demons called Darks are not only real, but they walk among us undetected. Darks love nothing better than to kill and spill blood. A particular group of Darks has a debt to pay in blood and is after whomever gets in their way.

Amy Evans lives in self-imposed social exile with her drunk mother and younger sister. Her younger sister, Sue, is best friends with jock Zack’s younger brother, Chris. Mage and nerd, Charles, just tries to keep out of the way of the Darks and Demons. When Amy draws attention to Dark, Alex, she has no idea what she is up against. Zack and Charles fight to save her from the evil hiding in plain sight, yet only Charles knows what Alex really is. A fight to survive ensues to avoid becoming the sacrifice to the Blood Moon.

I really enjoyed this unique twist on familiar characters. The thought that angels and demons walk undetected as growing teens among us was a fascinating twist. It would be a neat way to explain the “evil” acts some people have committed if they were really just a Dark in disguise. This is a world I would like to get to know more. With the knowledge this is not to be a stand alone novel, I an eager to read more of this series.

Amy’s story is so heartbreaking and explains why she is the way she is. I won’t give spoilers, but the depth of her character development was amazing and I can’t wait to read more about her. I especially want to hear more about Charles. We never truly got to see the extent of his mage powers and I think he likely will have a greater role to play. The sweetness of Zack was surprising. At the beginning of the book he appeared to be the typical jock who drinks, smokes, sleeps around and just overall rules the school. He turned out to be so much more.

This book was relatively well written. It’s an easy read, yet has plenty of twists to keep the reader engaged. There were a few errors, but they weren’t excessive. Nothing really took away from this book to the point I could take any stars away. Five out of five stars for me. I really recommend this book to mystery and fantasy lovers of all kinds.

View Blood Moon's Fury on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”