ARA Review by kwanner1213 of E-M-P Honeymoon

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwanner1213
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by kwanner1213 of E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by kwanner1213 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, E-M-P Honeymoon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon: Kelly & Tom

Honestly when I first saw the cover of the book, I thought it was going to be about space and I was not very interested in reading it. The term, don’t judge a book by its cover, comes to mind now that I have read the story. This book is about a couple on their honeymoon, Kelly and Tom. Everything is going well as you would expect on a honeymoon, until Kelly stumbles upon a plot that will derail their blissful moment in paradise. Curiosity overcomes common sense when it comes to being on vacation or finding out what is going on, Kelly and Tom just cannot help it. Their time alone comes to an abrupt halt, and they are faced with a race against time to save America.

This story was able to hold my attention. I found myself wanting to look up some of the science that was discussed to see if it was true in real life. This was an interesting element of the story because it is not something I usually do when reading a book. The science information provided was done in a great way. I am not someone who really enjoys science. However, the author was able to present the information in a way that kept it interesting. There were also actual pictures provided which I found fascinating. I love how she implemented real information into a fiction story.

There was quite a bit of mystery to this story. I spent most of my reading wondering what was going to happen next. This a great piece to the story because when you keep the readers guessing, they usually want to read until you give them an answer to their wonderings. This is definitely how I felt. There were also some suspenseful moments which the author wrote well. During the moments of intensity, I found myself shifting in my seat and getting nervous as I read. I was nervous for the characters and wanted them to be safe. The suspense was not just for the characters, but for me as well. The story made me afraid that the events happening in the story could happen in real life. It really made me feel as if we are never truly safe, despite what we think.

I like that the story has headings in the chapters. This is a nice transition when the author is switching to different perspectives of the story. I was able to easily keep track of which part of the story I was reading and who was being discussed. I also enjoyed having another relationship pop up in the story that I was not expecting. There were some twists that kept me wanting to read.

I am giving this book 4 out of 5 stars. I took one star away because I had a hard time keeping up with dialogue. I feel that if the author were to put a short snippet on the person talking it was would be easier to understand. I think if this were done after a few sentences of back and forth in a conversation it would be easier to follow who is talking. I gave 4 stars because the author did very well on multiple element such as describing the setting. I was able to imagine the scenes while I was reading. I also really connected with the characters. I enjoyed getting to know each of their individual personalities which the author portrayed well. I was also able to feel what they were feeling, mostly because it was something I have felt before. However, when it was not something I have felt, the author was able to make me care about the characters and so I felt what they felt as if I was there with them. The author made characters that were relatable. It was a good read.

View E-M-P Honeymoon on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”