ARA Review by jade88083 of If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jade88083
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by jade88083 of If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's

Post by jade88083 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The title drew me in and I wasn't disappointed when I began to read. I like the analogies he used with color music and the alphabet to make his point as to the possibilities that abound in our lives to create the life we desire.
The idea of in tiling and the end Of each chapter seemed a little odd at 1st but I can see what the author was trying to achieve. While I liked about this book was after the detailed explanations the author broke his narrative down into key points and list them at the end of each chapter this was great giving the reader a chance to review what they just learned and make sure they're on the right track it also serves as a quick a focal point reminder.

The author has a great sense of style which he infuses into the book throughout making it an enjoyable read.

What I didn't like about this book? I didn't find anything that would deter me from rating this book at 5 stars. It's well written and set out and easy to read. If I have to say anything it might be to mention that the author was at times heavy handed in his use of cliches. I don't find this to be much of an issue in a non fiction Self Help book as say compared to a novel where original story telling is the Goal.

What would improve the book? We all know how easy it is to get fired up and decide we are going to change but like New Year's Eve resolutions this determination can quickly be overcome by are deeply ingrained habits and thoughts I would like to have seen as some practical exercises and colluded in this book otherwise if feels like a serious pep talk about what we must do with our little gardens or information on how to overcome longing green habits impermanence permanently change our self limiting thoughts and beliefs.

No buts about it this book is great I rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars.

View If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”