ARA Review by livilez77 of McDowell

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
livilez77
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by livilez77 of McDowell

Post by livilez77 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, McDowell.]
Book Cover
2 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A surgeon who is loved and adored by his patients, later becomes a scheming crime artist due to a family tragedy. He meets a mountain climber as well!

Sometimes the best people can turn on you. This man goes from the top surgeon and colleague in his hospital to a criminal working for a presidental branch.

Jealousy is a key ingredient in this story.

The main character is extremely dislikable, but the author did do a good job at making us (the readers) want to finish the book. When I say "finish" I mean get it over with. That being said though, a lot of the characters were "paper thin" and had no other real development. There are way too many plot points that are just skipped over as well.

The book is pretty slow paced and the ending is not as fulfilling as it should be. It is very rushed and seems like something the "riverdale" writers would use on their show.

There are plenty of other books and stories with this type of plot that are 100x better than this.

I rate it a 2/5 stars
The characters are not likeable and have no actual arch to get through. Also, with the story being extremely slow paced alot of people might not want to finish it.

View McDowell on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”