The Author's Prayer

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Re: The Author's Prayer

Post by CinWin »

NuelUkah wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 16:08
CinWin wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 13:22 The author said his deepest prayer in writing this book was to be of assistance to others. Did he achieve this, and in what way did he help you? For me, it gave me the knowledge that life is very synchronistic. What you need to learn will be provided, so quit stressing so much. How about you?
This book really helped me. It was nice learning the experience of one's spiritual journey. He really motivated me and gave me a true picture of what it means to be hungrily purpose driven.
I love that - "hungrily purpose driven" !! :tiphat:
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
nbel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nbel.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by nbel »

I enjoyed this book very much. I believe that the author achieved his goal and motivated many people. It was very nice to learn about one's spiritual journey.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

The bright aspect of truth expressed in the book is life-giving and life-changing! We learn that the struggles that we are facing have an end! I would call the book a must-read for spiritual aspirants. The thought of sheer spiritual life is taking form and shape in my heart rather than spirituality being only one of the many activities of my routine!
Stellae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellae.html
Latest Review: Third Chances by Dan Petrosini

Post by Stellae »

I think this book definitely helped the author achieved his goal, i can see a lot of people being motivated by his story
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

He arrived at the core of the teaching of Christ and others such as Buddha. The core was 'Unconditioned Love' which the author explains at the end of the book. In my opinion, his mission was accomplished.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

In my case, he provided a means of reviewing alternative ways of explaining things. But overall, I think his ideas are not new, they are based on Eastern religious teachings, which he is trying to bring mainstream.
onemorechap
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onemorechap.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B014GCG150

Post by onemorechap »

What do you mean by "very synchronistic"? :techie-studyinggray:
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Disneyland wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 18:40 The bright aspect of truth expressed in the book is life-giving and life-changing! We learn that the struggles that we are facing have an end! I would call the book a must-read for spiritual aspirants. The thought of sheer spiritual life is taking form and shape in my heart rather than spirituality being only one of the many activities of my routine!
I also believe that it is important to have spirituality, not only in you actions, but to also have it reside solidly within your heart. Thanks for the insight. :tiphat:
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Stellae wrote: 13 Mar 2019, 23:17 I think this book definitely helped the author achieved his goal, i can see a lot of people being motivated by his story
I agree with you. Just by reading this thread, we can see how many people not only enjoyed his book, but are also adding some of his wisdom into their daily lives!
raqstar1
Currently Reading: The Lady of the Lakes
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raqstar1.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by raqstar1 »

I found many of his ideas were pertinent to my life and reinforced the decisions I had made. Some things were less pertinent, but interesting all the same. Alternately, some ideas were less useful for me, but for some, they may be helpful.
Life is your own story. Sometimes you need an off-ramp and that's where books come in! :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

raqstar1 wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 08:10 I found many of his ideas were pertinent to my life and reinforced the decisions I had made. Some things were less pertinent, but interesting all the same. Alternately, some ideas were less useful for me, but for some, they may be helpful.
Thanks for the comment. I find that with a book like this, if I pick it up in a year from now, the things that were not pertinent to my life apply now. And visa-versa. Ah...the continuum of life.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

Quinto wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 08:17 In my case, he provided a means of reviewing alternative ways of explaining things. But overall, I think his ideas are not new, they are based on Eastern religious teachings, which he is trying to bring mainstream.
I felt the same; Haight explained things, where I have either read from other books or experienced personally, in a way that provided a deeper understanding. For me, I am perceiving the world differently in a better way.
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I have personally benefitted by reading this book. Although I don't agree with everything he writes, there are several things he expresses very well. I got a better understanding of why one needs to shift focus from the mind to one's consciousness.
promise10
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 74

Post by promise10 »

I have always known that stressing about things i don't have control over has no benefit so it was nice to read reassuring words from the author.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I got more insight into his prayer life by listening to his talks. They are interesting and helpful.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”